Exterior how to remove soft lid bed canvas?

peter h

Feb 12, 2014
hello all
we are considering the removal of our bed end to repair / replace the fly screens on our 2005 16-49. I can see how the canvas is attached on the lid, but how is it attached to the body of the van? is it just folded over the metal edge of the bed door frame? or is there more to be removed first? any body have any tricks or tips?
thanks
peter

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
no 100% sure my self

I will have to go outside and have a look

I would guess (before looking) that there is probably screws in that folded metal edge? maybe.......?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @peter h, I've got a hard lid incarnation but its likely the same. On the edge of the canvas is sewn a 10mm rubber strip about 2 or 3mm thick. The canvas edge with that rubber strip is simply folded over and then pushed (by hand) bit by bit along its length into a thin channel. Hope this makes sense

Reactions: bigcol

peter h

Feb 12, 2014
hello all
thanks for that. I thought it would be something like being just folded over the edges on the frame, I was just confirming with some one else before we tried to pull the canvas out. just did not want to add to the repair by tearing the canvas on a hidden screw or rivet.
thanks peter