• Folded up with the matress

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Removed from the matress and stored elsewhere

Votes: 29 51.8%

• Total voters

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
We take all of the bedding off to wash and then store on bunks plus this stops creasing the egg shell foam mattress. I have once tried to close it up with everything still the beds on it appeared to be very hard to shut it has to put extra load on things.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,

Finally got to talk to Jayco direct about the cracking in the bed ends. The good news is that it is not related to how the bed ends are backed. As long as the base of the bed closes flat then all should be good. I discussed whether there was a need to add latches to the front similiar to the back, but the indication was that the slope on the front did not warrent that.

The bad news is that the cracking is supposedly "normal" and non structral and the only thing that Jayco will do is fill the cracks with sealant. So I need to have a look at this further and I am wondering if an L shaped ali strip would be able to be fixed (glued and screwed) to give this added strength. I do not know how much room there is between the lid and the frame. Was hoping that with thin wide ali and counter sunk screws I would be able to screw and glue it all together to get it to hold.

In doing this I would hope that I do not add extra stress to the ends. May see if I can mold/bend the ali around the corner to add more support.

Jayco did talk about the other issues that I mentioned in this thread <a href="http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/water-leak-from-middle-of-hard-lid-hinge.2735/page-3#post-50183">Water leak from middle of Hard lid hinge</a>

The only one they fixed for free (I was happy) was the seal at the top and they added a bigger seal.

The sealing around the corners they suggested to make sure that the rubber is pushed on correctly and that it might be possible to remove some of the fibreglass corner (but they were not going to do it).

The sealing at the handles was also a "design compromise" and I would need to look into this myself.

I am keen to have the front seal as dust and water tight as possible so that it is possible to get to places and actually have a clean bed. So I will need to investigate this further.

Cheers
Steve

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks for letting us know mate, the brackets for the struts are on my list too....I think longer alloy brackets about 3mm thick should be fine!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
We have the inner spring mattress' and fold up the bed ends with the egg shell, fitted sheet and the top sheet left on. The pillows and doona are stored on the seat next to the main bed. Our four kids fold their sleeping bags in half and store them on the top bunk (they love not having to stuff them back into the bags :) )

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
We fold the ends up with the eggshell and fitted sheets. Doonas and pillows on dinette or bunk. So I'm not sure how to vote cause I do both.
Same here......underlay, egg shell foam & fitted sheet left on bed. Doona/pillows on top bunk. Used to keep it all on beds but was difficult closing ends.

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
Hi all,

Just trying to establish options for storing bedding. I like the idea of storing sleeping bags and pillows in the gaps between the beds when folded up. Try to make sure that the foam mattress folds flat and there are no bits hanging out the sides. Interested to know what others do.

Cheers
Steve
I keep the sleeping bag flat on the bed,doona and pillows fit on top of the under cupboards at the front of each bed.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
We keep the fitted and flat sheets on the beds and the doonas, sleeping bags and pillows on the lounge.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
When we get our Work N Play we where thinking about placing pillows and doona in the toilet/shower area somehow. Or is that a bad call ?
There have been a few posts where toilets have leaked into the shower area. Not sure why but from memory traveling with a full cassette has been the issue.

Reactions: Where2nxt

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
ewwwwwww! Yer righto Soaring. Only thought of that idea while looking at the brand new van at the shop. Im sure ill get other ideas from this site. cheers

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
ewwwwwww! Yer righto Soaring. Only thought of that idea while looking at the brand new van at the shop. Im sure ill get other ideas from this site. cheers
I do think its a rare occur acne though. I haven't had an issue with mine.( although I've only used it three times.) the last return trip was with a full cassette without drama.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Can we add a third option to the poll? Some left on the mattress and some removed.

We keep the mattress underlay and bottom sheet on and store the rest on one of the kids bunks. My wife has modified our bottom sheet, top sheet and blanket to be like a half fitted sheet. She has put elastic on the bottom of each and has found it makes it so much easier to make the bed. On our shakedown trip we were away for 2 weeks travelling most days and each day she said it was the best thing she did!

BJ

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
We leave the eggshell topper and sheet on the bed when folded, pillows and dooner get stacket on the seats. Kids sleeping bags are left on the bunks,our folding chairs are put on the top bunk and are held in place by the lifting handles for the roof. our foldup tables are stacked on the bottom bunk and held in place by an adjustable strap the runs under the matress and over the top of the tables then tightened up, works a treat.