Exterior Fitting Jayco Bed Ends

KBerg Rig

Apr 13, 2013
Hello All
Have got the jayco bed ends, got the sail track...but no instructions.
Can someone point me to a thread or provide fitting instructions. It looks straight forward but I'm sure there are handy hints out there.
Thanks KBerg Rig

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Not instructions but maybe a few pics will help @KBerg Rig

Some on here have fitted the sail tracks under the rubber seal.

Bed End 001.jpg
Trial fit after drilling the holes.

Bed End 002.jpg
The track may require trimming to allow proper fitting on the corners.

Bed End 010.jpg
Location of the supplied studs

Bed End Press Studs.jpg
I replaced the original press studs with HD marine grade stainless ones.... The original two wouldn't stay connected with a mild breeze.

Attachments

• Bed End 003.jpg
    Bed End 003.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 225

KBerg Rig

Apr 13, 2013
Much thanks dagree, I reckon I can manage that, off to bunnings in the morning for some pop rivets and a new drill bit. Expect the head of the pop rivet would be about 10mm long for the thickness of the lid at that point?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Much thanks dagree, I reckon I can manage that, off to bunnings in the morning for some pop rivets and a new drill bit. Expect the head of the pop rivet would be about 10mm long for the thickness of the lid at that point?

No probs @KBerg Rig Can't remember the exact size for rivets but they were approximately 10mm long (For about 4.5mm - 5mm thickness) and think they were 4.1mm diameter?

Just make sure the drill is sharp and keep the pressure OFF as you get close to breaking through...... The gelcoat has a tendancy to chip as the drill breaks through :doh:

And debur the holes in the sail track to ensure they sit hard up against the lids.

If I can fit them anyone can :cool:

mccrlc

Aug 19, 2012
Tasmania
Hello All
Have got the jayco bed ends, got the sail track...but no instructions.
Can someone point me to a thread or provide fitting instructions. It looks straight forward but I'm sure there are handy hints out there.
Thanks KBerg Rig

Morning KBerg Rig,
I have attached a shortcut to another post about bed end covers and in that is what I had to do to make sure the bed end covers didn't keep coming off, now I think they are the best thing.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/dagrees-david-greer-2014-17-56-2ob.4749/page-20#post-104770

Marco