Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Have heard good and bad reports about the gear @Drover but the thing I didn't like was the dish was mounted on a flat base and not a tripod making it harder to get level if not on level ground

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
One has to tread carefully and make a good presentation of all the positive benefits of getting a Sat TV set up, if I rush it I can scare the keeper of the money box away from the idea

I had to tread carefully for 12 months before getting the go ahead 8-)

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Theyre eBay feedback is pretty good .... even tho theyre "a" holes to deal with, theres no bleating about the actual dish itself or the dish function. I would think if the dish itself was rubbish, buyers would screaming blue murder.

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Mrs Crusty has a way more longer'er list of must see tv series, so my resistance way back when was zippity ... and my mini man cant eat without cartoons, so satellite was almost a certified medical necessity for both of them

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The gear must work otherwise they wouldn't still be in business!!!!! When they first started here years ago their prices were unbeatable then when they got a lot of the market up went the prices faster than the cost of living :o

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I will check out fellow travellers on this current meandering and see , I would end up doing some mods anyway, it's just a given. Just so many things and such a little piggy bank.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
The gear was OK. BUT their attitude was really bad. They used to restrict their hours for support calls even if the support person answered your call, they would duck & dive and give no updates when some of my gear went back for warranty repair. In my opinion a company is judged by the quality of the product and it's service.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi probably a stupid question but can I ask what the tinted clears on your windows do?

Hi @Marie ... No thing as a stupid question in here ;)
The tinted clears fit between the screen and the solid vinyl. It allows us to open the solid vinyl in wet or windy conditions and still let some natural light in. They also have a zip to enable them to be rolled down and let some breeze come through if needed.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The gear was OK. BUT their attitude was really bad. They used to restrict their hours for support calls even if the support person answered your call, they would duck & dive and give no updates when some of my gear went back for warranty repair. In my opinion a company is judged by the quality of the product and it's service.

Copy and paste below from another site on the same subject.....

"I rang I**** w**** at 8.45 am, they said tech support is available after 4pm till 5pm, I said what and the rude little prick hung up on me"

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Copy and paste below from another site on the same subject.....

"I rang I**** w**** at 8.45 am, they said tech support is available after 4pm till 5pm, I said what and the rude little prick hung up on me"
Theres nothing quite like the well structured descriptors of genuine consumer poet .... to subtly drive the point home

Ive deleted them from my christmas card list

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Had a quiet afternoon so dragged the van out from under cover and fitted the 600W inverter, isolation switch and cable/desk grommet to fit the cable through.

Inverter 001.jpg Inverter 002.jpg Inverter 003.jpg

It's a pity the damn water hoses enter through the same area...... Just hope one of them don't give way! Also hope I didn't just jinx myself :oops:

Ran out of time to setup the satellite system and dish holder but that can wait till after Kuringal next weekend!

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hey @dagree

Excellent idea keeping all of the wiring up high especially with the water hanging around the electrics. The only thing I would add is the charging wire for the seltec maybe just keep it a a little higher like the other wires. I like the way you have run the inverter as well on a simple battery master switch.

Skip

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
With the trip to Kuringal being a weekend with minimal internet reception (Sitting the 4G wifi modem on the roof of a bed end worked "almost") and after looking at @Capt. Gadget 's home made Yagi Antenna and @Nigejj 's marine omni directional antenna setups I got to thinking!!!!!!!!

Should I get the measurements from @Capt. Gadget or @Drover and build a Yagi? NAHHH too much work :p. Do I go the same idea as @Nigejj ? Seems an easier install but still something to setup when needed!!!!!

Then I remembered seeing a pic on here somewhere with an omni directional fitted to the shaft of a winegaurd antenna!!!!!! All setup and ready to go with raising it at the same time as TV antenna :cheerful: . Looked around and picked up new antenna that covers all frequencies from 3G, 4G and the new 4GX Networks (Even though in "Wait Awhile" most regional areas only have 3G but saves replacing it later down the track).

Wifi Antenna 001.jpg
All fitted.... Easier than building a Yagi or fitting a marine tilt up one to the side??????? Yeah right... The cable hole went straight through the top of roof, then 175mm parallel to the roof and then down inside the van!!!!!!!
Ended up having to take the whole antenna and base off to get the cable through. Worst part was cleaning off the 6 kilo's of dried sikaflex then feeding the cable through :o (At least if the screws fell out it wouldn't have fallen off) ;)

Wifi Antenna 002.jpg
Finally got the cable through!!!!

Wifi Antenna 003.jpg
All setup and ready to go :)

Unfortunately only one small issue....... Found the TV Ariel cable had some damage to the insulation. Put a bit of sealant on the break and wrapped some insulation tape around it before refitting. Thought best to try the TV after finalising the install and guess what???????? Not ALL channels coming up and some that did were pixilated :oops:

Looks like next weekends job might be going through the removal again to replace a cable if I can't use the old one as a draw wire... Crossing fingers!!!!