Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Smergen Didn't think about it coming on while moving around in the van... But do physically turn it off when not in use and travelling.
Fitted ours under the freezer using the supplied velcro but added some heavier duty velcro on either end to be sure.

Couple of pics added.
Fridge Light 001.jpg Fridge Light 002.jpg

Reactions: skippy

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @dagree that's what I was thinking... I figured that I would just turn it off the road as well. And if it flicks on/off while at camp, shouldn't be too bad if we use rechargeable battries. It's a great light though and puts a great light in there.

I wanted the white one, but for some reason the boss wanted the silver one... meh... What did you do with the other one? Spare?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah happy with it as well @Smergen
Fitted the other one under the top bunk for the grandson when he's sitting at the small dinette as a trial.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Thanks @dagree that's what I was thinking... I figured that I would just turn it off the road as well. And if it flicks on/off while at camp, shouldn't be too bad if we use rechargeable battries. It's a great light though and puts a great light in there.

I wanted the white one, but for some reason the boss wanted the silver one... meh... What did you do with the other one? Spare?
Used the other one next to the toilet so it only comes on when somebody goes and then off again.
Easy to turn off when travelling or storing van as the switch is easy to get too

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Good thinking @Marv_mart Might try see if the one under the bunk picks up movement when walking past.... As it's directly opposite the toilet :encouragement:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
THanks @dagree and @Marv_mart ... I like the dinette one, and reckon we might trial that one. The toilet one doesn't really worry me too much as with the little ones I reckon it'll be all hands on deck at night to get them to use the toilet right...

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Yep I have done the fridge as well but I used sika Flex @dagree ....you will have to let me know how the Velcro holds up too.

@davemc I have numerous things I have purchased for the van sitting in the shed too :pound::rofl:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Nothing big but a couple of small mods. Had some spare time on the weekend so finished off the LP Gas storage stickers.... One on either side.

LPG Storage Sticker.jpg

Have been having some discussions in a Prado forum regarding the 120 series tow-bar recall.... Had mine checked a couple of months ago and even though it passed the inspection (and also as I'm not running a WDH system) I decided to bite the bullet and get it replaced with a Hayman Reece bar anyway!!!!!!

While fitting the cover to fill in the gap in the bumper I wondered where others hook their break-away brake cord to the vehicle. I've been lazy and just hooked it through one of the shackles but then thought "What happens if the bar falls off as well????"

So fitted a hook/saddle onto the bumper bar.

Brake Away Hook 001.jpg Brake Away Hook 002.jpg

Curious as to where do others hook their break-away clips to?

Reactions: MUMSRIG and skippy

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
Just went out to look as working out a TV arm. Will check with boss see if she is ok with putting it above.. Also need something in doorway hence it's been sitting there.

Breakaway we put it on recovery point on rear of Disco.
We just converted a desk mount tv arm, just changed the desk mount for a round piece of aluminium as it just unscrews underneath, got it off ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=390903665197

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: davemc and dagree

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Reactions: michelle menzel

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We thought about a TV mount as well @davemc but ours is a 29" one and couldn't work out where to fit a mount.
Our last van was setup with a similar mount to the ergotron one but a wall mounted version. TV was a 19" one and I set up some hooks and tie down straps to secure it while traveling.

Just had a look but unfortunately haven't got any pics of it :(