cot fitted in a 1756-2

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
ah yes nannas just arnt the same now I was always going to get the spoon at some stage when dropped off or even visiting they just don't do that now maybe that's where its all gone wrong ???? remember the really big spoon she used to have one hanging on her wall next time youll get that one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do miss my nanna her roasts and her love they don't make them like that anymore @Crusty181 @Soaring
I don't know about that. Mrs CR is a nanna and she is a soft touch although she does not have a spoon or anything like it, just lots of love and patience, a hell of a lot more than me. :behindsofa:

Reactions: dagree and 17triton

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
This was 30 years ago chartrock parents where diffrent then I think ???? Dad did things to me I would never do didnt mean I loved him anyless gee did we fight l miss him too I was a normal kid but I sound bad
My dad was a intolerant tyrant when I was growing up (but in his defence I maybe caused 99.9% of that). He didn't need spoons, his hands were the size of Babe Ruths baseball mitt. He's 78 now and we've been the best of mates for all my adult life (well, since about 30); so much so he tells me the same stories repeatedly o_O

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I can joke about it now but I used to be in so much trouble at school, not real trouble but mischievous type stuff, that one day I was fronting the deputy head and he had no room left on my conduct card. He told me I had the worst record in the school. I just figured that was something he said to anyone in trouble but a year or so later during my apprenticeship I met a guy who was at the school at the same time as me and he was talking about the trouble he had been in. He was in front of the deputy and was told his behavior was so bad there was only one student in the school with a worse record. We both survived our apprenticeship.