Caravan Water Tank(s) Gauge

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Marv_mart is spot on, I only use PayPal no paypal I find somewhere else to shop, that way I'm not sending my details out for all and sundry to spy on plus if it doesn't turn up I'm covered as well, I have been hit on my card once from someone who got my card details probably from over the phone or online and the bank replaced the $1000 that was scammed.

Reactions: Marv_mart
Mar 6, 2013
Wantirna, Vic
Sorry Mrs Wanda you are having so much trouble. I had no trouble when I ordered it last October and it works a treat. It came within a couple of days of ordering it. Have you tried to ring them?

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Sorry Mrs Wanda you are having so much trouble. I had no trouble when I ordered it last October and it works a treat. It came within a couple of days of ordering it. Have you tried to ring them?
Wish I had thought of that :). Might just give that a go tomorrow, thanks. This possibly has nothing to do with the company but with attackers looking for credit card details.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Don't give card details over the phone though, you never know what they do with the details. They tap them on a computer which is buggy or write it on paper and throw it in the bin, all for someone else to view.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Don't give card details over the phone though, you never know what they do with the details. They tap them on a computer which is buggy or write it on paper and throw it in the bin, all for someone else to view.
Yes, I think I'll quit while I still have my CC in tact :pray:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
we only use an Australia post pay and go card for getting stuff on the net so not our debit cards only money we need on the aust post card have to keep toping it up but its very safe better to loose a bit than the lot ????????????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
we only use an Australia post pay and go card for getting stuff on the net so not our debit cards only money we need on the aust post card have to keep toping it up but its very safe better to loose a bit than the lot ????????????

That's why I use PayPal with a CC, I don't loose as if it's dodgy the money is reimbursed.

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
Received the two flow meters yesterday. All as it should be. Do not know if they ran out of stock as they said but it was not until I threatened them with consumer action that they came good. I am still going to ask them why the security on their site has expired.

Reactions: Wanda

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
Does anyone have any recent experience with this type of flow sensor or other types of water tank measuring gauges?

http://www.futurlec.com/Flow_Sensor.shtml

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141835006348?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Hi Spiderpig, I have one of the Futurlec ones. It works great, I plumbed it in just after the pressure side (outlet) of the pump then using velcro attached it to to the inside of the cupboard door for the pump, so no drilling holes, running wires, etc. Batteries are still original after 12 months and approx 30 day/nights of unpowered caravaning.

Reactions: spiderpig

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Just wondering if the hacking, security or whatever, on their site was sorted out.

If so, it's worth investigating the product; if not, won't risk it and avoid the hassle.

Be interested in any updates.

Reactions: Wanda

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Just wondering if the hacking, security or whatever, on their site was sorted out.

If so, it's worth investigating the product; if not, won't risk it and avoid the hassle.

Be interested in any updates.

Went back through the old posts, and their site would never have been hacked, it was just an expired security certificate that gives those warning messages on the web browsers.

I had a look at their page last night and it all looks fine.

I did also find some other alternatives on ebay as well.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi Spiderpig, I have one of the Futurlec ones. It works great, I plumbed it in just after the pressure side (outlet) of the pump then using velcro attached it to to the inside of the cupboard door for the pump, so no drilling holes, running wires, etc. Batteries are still original after 12 months and approx 30 day/nights of unpowered caravaning.

Which one did you get @Indiandme ? The 1/4 does 0.8-8 l/min on a 1/4 inch pipe which I think is the right one, or did you go for the 1.5-25 l/min one ?

Indiandme

Sep 21, 2013
Gladstone, CQ
Which one did you get @Indiandme ? The 1/4 does 0.8-8 l/min on a 1/4 inch pipe which I think is the right one, or did you go for the 1.5-25 l/min one ?

Hi, at work, will not let me upload pics??. it is the 9th down on the Futurlec page.

""Flow Meter with Flow Sensor
Compact Easy to Use Flow Meter with 1/2" Pipe Flow Sensor Included. This unit displays the current Flow Rate as well as the total amount of Water that has passed. The unit is battery operated and easy to read. Mounting is suitable for all standard 1/2" pipes and a long sensor cable is provided.

The unit is powered by 2 x AA Batteries and can easily be mounted remotely on a tank or water dispenser. Ideal for use around the home or office to monitor water use and help with water conservation.

Part Code: FLOWMETER""

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi, at work, will not let me upload pics??. it is the 9th down on the Futurlec page.

""Flow Meter with Flow Sensor
Compact Easy to Use Flow Meter with 1/2" Pipe Flow Sensor Included. This unit displays the current Flow Rate as well as the total amount of Water that has passed. The unit is battery operated and easy to read. Mounting is suitable for all standard 1/2" pipes and a long sensor cable is provided.

The unit is powered by 2 x AA Batteries and can easily be mounted remotely on a tank or water dispenser. Ideal for use around the home or office to monitor water use and help with water conservation.

Part Code: FLOWMETER""

Cool, that's the 1/2" one, thanks.

Will buy one and see how it goes