Caravan Covers on sale at BCF

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Just thought i would let you know they have some pretty good discounts on covers at BCF at the moment.

Picked up one of their prestige pop top covers for $200 today, normally about $340 i think.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have found, thanks to someone on here, Septone Fibreglass Restorer and Wax to be fantastic, Folks are a bit amazed when they find The Tardis is a 2009 model and looks near new.
This last run it was on road for 3 months, had 2 baths went thru heaps of rain and the water still beaded, so I'm happy with the stuff.
About $15 a bottle from BCF/Supercheap.

MPFRW500.jpg

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I have found, thanks to someone on here, Septone Fibreglass Restorer and Wax to be fantastic, Folks are a bit amazed when they find The Tardis is a 2009 model and looks near new.
This last run it was on road for 3 months, had 2 baths went thru heaps of rain and the water still beaded, so I'm happy with the stuff.
About $15 a bottle from BCF/Supercheap.

MPFRW500.jpg
Excellent polish. Been using this one for years. Like!

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
image.jpg
How do they fit ???? and do they seem good quality ?????
Got one of these at BCF picked up the 22-24 to make sure it's big enough to take bike rack. It's a bit loose but more of a sun cover so all good. Material seems ok?

Rays outdoors also had on sale!

!image.jpg

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
how hard was that to put on the 22' @Gilmorehappy
I used to hate the 17' cover not got one for the 22.68 not sure how I get it on not much space either side of van to get ladder in.
Good question! Had a 6 foot ladder either side, swmbo on one side and me on the other. My obliging neighbour, and Windsor rapid owner, took pity on @Willow4 and took over that side, and we had the thing on in about five mins!

Reactions: Willow4

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
@davemc , have you ever been on the roof of your 22? That would make things easier. Would it hold 100kg or would I suddenly find myself inside the caravan?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
no I have not been up on the roof and I am over 100kg so maybe I will not try :) I know the silverline/basestation they say you can walk on although no idea weights.
Nice neighbours :) We put the 17' pop top over with tent poles although the 22' its a lot higher :)

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We started by using poles but I didn't want to rip the cover... Like everything I'm sure we'll get more streamlined with it :)

We tried with poles, and all they did was bend.

Tried with SWMBO on one side and me on the other, but all that resulted in was an argument.

In the end, I fold the sides in to the middle, roll it up, and put it up on the back with a ladder, then roll it towards the front.

Manage to get it done by myself using this method, even though the 21 is huge, it seems to work OK

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I do not think we can do poles with the full van we struggled with pop top :(
Been thinking do I bite the bullet and pay for a storm cover? The fact the sides go on separately might make it easier
Have though of a shade cloth although retaining wall to next door so drop is around 1 meter.
Not sure I have the room to get the poles in as well see picture we getting close to fence
IMG_0014.JPG
The other side the caarvan door opens and we have around 10cms past it open wide

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
I do not think we can do poles with the full van we struggled with pop top :(
Been thinking do I bite the bullet and pay for a storm cover? The fact the sides go on separately might make it easier
Have though of a shade cloth although retaining wall to next door so drop is around 1 meter.
Not sure I have the room to get the poles in as well see picture we getting close to fence
View attachment 37857
The other side the caarvan door opens and we have around 10cms past it open wide

Metal roofs kits are relatively cheap. Sure you could build one for $1000 from your local roofing supplier. Lysaght website has pre engineered kits available too.

Reactions: Delano

Willow4

Sep 27, 2015
Newcastle, NSW
Good question! Had a 6 foot ladder either side, swmbo on one side and me on the other. My obliging neighbour, and Windsor rapid owner, took pity on @Willow4 and took over that side, and we had the thing on in about five mins!
I am very grateful to have lovely neighbours . Our caravan is tall anyway and the way it sits on our drive makes it really tall. I'm not a fan of climbing up ladders and like it even less on a slopping driveway .

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Yep I think it's about 4m above ground at the back. But who would have ever thought we'd be putting a caravan on the drive when we built the house?

Reactions: davemc