2014 Expanda OB 17.56.....

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi chartrock, the wind up and down can be accessed from the front where the spare tyre originally sat if you know what I mean.... The next thing I might do is to put a rod, so I can access easily but hopefully I won't need to use it that often.. Thanks

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Couldn't tell by the pics, but did you sling it with valve down ?? Easier to check pressure and the rock collection will sit on the inside of the wheel and not wreck the pretty outside of rim.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Couldn't tell by the pics, but did you sling it with valve down ?? Easier to check pressure and the rock collection will sit on the inside of the wheel and not wreck the pretty outside of rim.

Sure did. I made sure of that I put the pretty side of the tyre inwards.

Reactions: Drover

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
We just bit the bullet and bought the Jayco Bed ends last week which was on our wish list for a while. They were much better than my home made ends :encouragement: so I am really happy with the results. It is reasonably easy to install - bit of mucking around with removing the rubber seal and putting it back on...I chose to install it on the inside frame rather than outside. Enough typing, see the pics... ;)

Attachments

• two.JPG
    two.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 501
  • one.JPG
    one.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 480
  • three1.JPG
    three1.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 490
  • four.JPG
    four.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 497
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 470
  • backtwo.JPG
    backtwo.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 486

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi all, we took the expanda for couple of nights camping near Glenmaggie last weekend. We camped by the Macalister River near Hayfield and the place was an absolute beauty except for the long grass...o_O. There was plenty of water in the River and campground had dedicated fire pits and picnic tables. All in all, it was pretty good. We had rain on the first night which means the Jayco bed ends were put to the test. Not a single drop of water leaked and the beds were bone dry.... happy campers!! :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 449
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 450
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 448
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Hi @TRAKADU , how did the bed ends go in the wind? We're were in Portarlington on the coast and the wind kept getting under them and sliding them if the railings.

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi Simon, we also attached Velcro on both sides of the bed ends. (The loop was sawn to the bed end and the hooks were stuck to the caravan). This pretty much sealed all around the bed end. Will post some photos of it tomorrow..

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
Mods - 4:- Fixing a permanent and steady spot for the TV. Bought the Arm and Quick Release bracket from a IT accessory company located in QLD. Excellent service and reasonable price. Also installed a Towel rack for me misus.
I love the Idea of the TV mount can you remember the company you got it from
Peter

Petenlou

Mar 10, 2014
Heyfield
Hi all, we took the expanda for couple of nights camping near Glenmaggie last weekend. We camped by the Macalister River near Hayfield and the place was an absolute beauty except for the long grass...o_O. There was plenty of water in the River and campground had dedicated fire pits and picnic tables. All in all, it was pretty good. We had rain on the first night which means the Jayco bed ends were put to the test. Not a single drop of water leaked and the beds were bone dry.... happy campers!! :)
I saw your Caravan camping at the Macalister River during Xmas a few people there
I was camping up the road in our new Expanda (Not O/B Model) in Licola
By the way its called Heyfield lol im from that town lol

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
I saw your Caravan camping at the Macalister River during Xmas a few people there
I was camping up the road in our new Expanda (Not O/B Model) in Licola
By the way its called Heyfield lol im from that town lol

lol, it is time to give that town a new name... a good pickup Peter... it is of course called Heyfield.
As for the TV bracket, I bought it from a company in QLD. Ordered over the phone and I think it cost me around $130 Plus the quick release bracket $25 (from memory). The TV arm is called C.ME monitor arm.
The link to the website: http://debetrek.com.au/
Hope this helps mate.
TRAKADU

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Had to change the profile picture as we changed our tow rig recently. It was time to say goodbye to my Jeep :( and welcome the mighty Land Cruiser :). I must admit Cruiser pulls the Expanda with no issue.. We took the new combination down to Gippsland (Walhalla) last weekend and Cruiser did a marvellous job. With rear airbag suspension, there was no rear wheel sagging as I don't use WD Bars. I have some pics of the new cruiser and camp ground.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 354
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 358
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 337
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 336

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Walhalla is one of my favourite places, everyone should go check it out. Its like stepping back in time and a very interesting place for sure. We often do day trips there.

The Cruiser looks very nice @TRAKADU how does it compare to the Jeep?
Did you do the train ride whilst there?

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Walhalla is one of my favourite places, everyone should go check it out. Its like stepping back in time and a very interesting place for sure. We often do day trips there.

The Cruiser looks very nice @TRAKADU how does it compare to the Jeep?
Did you do the train ride whilst there?

You are spot on Curza driver. It was like step back in time (about 200 years).. one of my favourites too. In fact, we are planning to go again in the coming weeks. This time we might camp at the Chinees Garden Camping Ground. You need to book it though but looks neat and clean. We didn't do the train ride as it was an overnighter. had to pack up the next day. Will do all that next trip. :)

Whilst the Jeep is a pretty capable tow rig I reckon (IMHO) you can't beat the Cruiser. I don't think the cruiser was challenged at any point during the trip. I remember the Jeep used to struggle going uphill. But the main issue I had with the jeep was trying to level the damn thing. With no WDB, the Jeep's rear end used to sag which caused trailer sway couple of times. Cruiser got few mods done to avoid this.....

Reactions: cruza driver