www.stormcovers ??

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
I know they are a cut above the rest people. But what do people think of them ? More to the point does anybody have one for there expanda ? I am very interested in them given the old story, you get what you pay for & not to mention in the severe Nth Qld tropics here the cheap & nasty ebay covers & the like would not see a wet season through due to them breaking down & falling apart as has been pointed out by Jayco Cairns.

Cheers,
Doggy.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi there Doggy, I am too quite curious about alternate covers, as the heat/sun here in Central West NSW is a killer on plastics.:flame:

I was lookin at these caravan covers from caravancovers.com.au

They seem like a good deal and product:grouphug:, but have yet to see one in person or to have heard of one being used.

Best of luck in your search.

Feb 1, 2012
Hi I have a storm cover on my Swan. It's a great cover, however a little cumbersome to get on and off because it one piece. Quality is good however.

TweedTravellers

Jan 27, 2012
Gold Coast (NSW side)
I know they are a cut above the rest people. But what do people think of them ? More to the point does anybody have one for there expanda ? I am very interested in them given the old story, you get what you pay for & not to mention in the severe Nth Qld tropics here the cheap & nasty ebay covers & the like would not see a wet season through due to them breaking down & falling apart as has been pointed out by Jayco Cairns.

Cheers,
Doggy.

Hi
We have a Stormcover for our 17.56-1. It arrived February 2011 but we have only started using it a few weeks ago because my husband had a neck operation and it is too difficult for me to put on by myself. When the two of us put it on for the first time it took about 15mins. We ordered ours with the door which makes it easier to get into the van while the cover is on. We have a couple of neighbours who have had the Stormcover for a couple of years and have been very happy with them - we live in a area where it hails and their previous vans suffered hail damage and even after repair were never quite the same again. We have ordered a new 18 foot expanda and plan on getting a stormcover for that.

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Thanks guys. They are a great well fitted cover. We were very lucky. We just purchased a brand new one with the door access in it for our 18.57.8 Expanda for only $750 plust $70 bucks freight . We are wrapped cause we had a quote for $1550 plus freight. Thay had this one made up for the same van sitting in stock & all measurements were spot on for ours. The owner sold there van without even picking it up & are getting a new one made for there 25 foot van. So we got a bargin.
Cant wait to see it on for the wet season up here.

TweedTravellers

Jan 27, 2012
Gold Coast (NSW side)
How much was the cover for your 17' if you don't mind?
Hi
Pretty sure it was $1475 (I think it would have been $1325 without the door). We are going to put it up for sale for $700 because we have only used it for a few weeks since returning from January holiday. Our van has rooftop aircond, so we will try to find a buyer around Gold Coast/Brisbane area who has 17 foot expanda with rooftop aircond.