Wireless reversing cameras ?

dosmos

Nov 15, 2012
SE Melb, Victoria
Hi all, are wireless reversing cameras any good? I just want a better idea of what is coming up behind me etc.. I don't really want the expense of running cables from the tug to van. Can anyone reccommend one? Thanks DOS

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Welcome

I've experimented with several wireless cameras and never had any success. They just don't like the distance and interference between sender and receiver!

Finally have installed a wired camera which ends at the drawbar, and I put a joiner into the end of the cable which I have run inside the vehicle. I just put the 2 cables together when towing. Don't have the camera too high as you can only see the ground directly behind the van.

Glen

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Haven't heard of any being a great success, much like my wireless temp for fridge, hit or miss inside vehicle.

I bought a screen and 2 x 90 deg cams from https://brashimports.com.au/REARVIEW.htm came with cabling and sockets, one mounted above tow hitch on ute and one half way up back wall of van, screen allows me to select which cam I want with just a push of button, my cams are on all the time and being 90 deg cams instead of 120 deg reversing cams I can not only see my hitch to hook up but can also see vehicles at a distance, more like a rear view mirror, the original reversing cam I had a Kenworth would be seen about 20mts away if that on the van........

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
We were the same. I got one from road, tech, marine. It worked fine when we were stationalrty but when travelling it would flick on and off every 20 or 30 seconds. We got rid of it. I had a hard wired one on the last van so we will go back to that. I wouldn’t recommend one
Cheers
David