Winegard Senar Pro signal amplifier

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these and if they are very effective? Failing that does anyone have advice on finding signal other then looking at other antenna's or blind luck? The wind up Winegard works pretty well when it's got a signal and for the life of me I can't understand why this finder is not standard, given its mobile. You do lose the cig plug though.

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12525

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Does it still boost your signal like the current plate with ciggy plug?

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
I had a look for one of these apps for android and couldn't find anything suitable for TV signal, plenty for sat dish signal though if you have one of those.

Bought the antenna mate for the iPad - works great. Thanks for sharing.
Ants

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these and if they are very effective? Failing that does anyone have advice on finding signal other then looking at other antenna's or blind luck?

Hey Brookes

Interesting product, will have to do some research.

Standard method I use is to setup the TV to where I think it will work then do an Auto-Tune where the TV finds the best channels available based on signal strength.

Then I find ABC on the analog spectrum and do the old "how is it now?" to someone inside while I turn it around to find the best signal/less fuzz. (This was with the old van with the non-wind up antenna)

Lastly, another auto tune on the TV that sorts out the digital channels and gives us the best for what we will get. Also, I recently upgraded the antenna (before selling the van) to a boosted (powered) Wyngard. Is this the case here?

The main thing is that the TV will be the best guide for signal reception since it is that does the receiving, not the signal strength meter. There could be slight differences there between the two so if all else fails, trust thy TV.

If you are having other issues then I would suggest checking all your connections and making sure there is no corrosion on the connectors or kinks in the cable. Even a slight bit of oxidisation can take away a few dB from the signal strength.

Cheers mate, hope you have some success with this. ;)

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Hey Brookes

Interesting product, will have to do some research.

Standard method I use is to setup the TV to where I think it will work then do an Auto-Tune where the TV finds the best channels available based on signal strength.

Then I find ABC on the analog spectrum and do the old "how is it now?" to someone inside while I turn it around to find the best signal/less fuzz. (This was with the old van with the non-wind up antenna)

Lastly, another auto tune on the TV that sorts out the digital channels and gives us the best for what we will get. Also, I recently upgraded the antenna (before selling the van) to a boosted (powered) Wyngard. Is this the case here?

The main thing is that the TV will be the best guide for signal reception since it is that does the receiving, not the signal strength meter. There could be slight differences there between the two so if all else fails, trust thy TV.

If you are having other issues then I would suggest checking all your connections and making sure there is no corrosion on the connectors or kinks in the cable. Even a slight bit of oxidisation can take away a few dB from the signal strength.

Cheers mate, hope you have some success with this. ;)

Not really having issues other then it seems a bit of a pain to tune the tellie (seems to take 5 minutes to run through all stations), no stations, move antenna, tune tellie etc. To be honest we haven't used the tellie for free to air yet but we going away for two weeks and the boxing day test will be on. My reading suggested this device replaces the current Wineguard amplifier and finds the stations and gives you a reading on signal strength, then I guess you can tune it if required. Then you have a configurable gain setting and a buzzer but I'm not sure what the buzzer does. I was hoping someone had one of these.

Oh in the past I have tried the one person inside and one outside but there were some communication issues very similar to the communications issues encountered when hitching the van. "How is it now?" "It's better" "Is it better then before?" "No" "Then how is it better" "It's better then it was"

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Oh in the past I have tried the one person inside and one outside but there were some communication issues very similar to the communications issues encountered when hitching the van. "How is it now?" "It's better" "Is it better then before?" "No" "Then how is it better" "It's better then it was"

I am going to leave that where it is... Lol :hand:

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks Grant for the heads-up with Antenna Mate. Used it this weekend at Harrington successfully, when my previous experience there was very hit and miss