Just Browsing Winegard antenna large nylon nut size

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Anybody tell me what size the nylon nut is, damn thing leaking in the heavy rain

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Went through Pops old tools and found an old box socket that fitted.Nylon nut inside large pull down direction knob.Pulled the whole Winegard apart,needed new orings on lift spiral gear.Had to buy whole gear as oring not available separately.Square section oring .If winegard doesnt wind down smoothly probably due to gears stripped on spiral gear or quadrant lift gear.Pretty easy job to pull apart grease etc.

Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I just fed mine heaps of grease once, I have replaced a square O ring with a round job, it seemed to work , that might have been where I did it as I can't recall...

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Agree Re oring type ,round should work ok.NBJust a word of warning re these leaking shafts..If this shaft leaks, water will go down and sit on the plastic 4 screw plate inside roof.Water will then penetrate the ply and get under the white plastic coating with resulting delamination.Wiped some epoxy into the ply .In other words you may have a leak and not even be aware .Would be exacerbated if aerial rotated a lot.

Last edited: