Electrical Winegard antenna issues

Joevee

Mar 24, 2018
Hoppers crossing
Just wondering if many people have had much luck with the Winegard antenna.
I have one on a new van and the reception is always terrible, no matter where it turn it or where I’m located.
The sad thing is I’m a Antenna technician!
I always forget to bring a meter when I go away so I can check it.
Just wondering have I got a dodgy antenna or all they all no so go for reception?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lots of time its the fittings behind the panel aren't done up tight, the other common fault is the booster isn't on, the little button next to the CIG socket on the panel......... I did a write up on the things but you should be on top of the other issues.

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
Our van has done about 40 000 km. Our tv has been playing up for a few months now so I got a tech to look at it on Friday. He found the antenna was stuffed so put a new one on. It had a lot of rattles in it, loose bits inside it. Also, he tested the cables that were used in the van, eg the one that runs from under the front cupboard up to the tv mount, and the one from the outside point to the tv mount and found the supplied cables were all crap. He replaced them as well and the picture is now better than it has been since we bought the van. He was saying that a combination of dodgy connections and crap cables all contribute to poor picture quality

Cheers

Reactions: Bluey

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The windguard is crap it produces no gain which a good antenna dose to get good tv i have a voyager caravan antenna a bloke makes them in SA not bad i fitted it to my mast in place if the crap one dose the job but my sat tv is much better never stops allways pick up satalight much better but bit of seting up and more stuff to have and pay for but your guaranteed tv

ianm67

May 17, 2021
Rouse Hill
Our van has done about 40 000 km. Our tv has been playing up for a few months now so I got a tech to look at it on Friday. He found the antenna was stuffed so put a new one on. It had a lot of rattles in it, loose bits inside it. Also, he tested the cables that were used in the van, eg the one that runs from under the front cupboard up to the tv mount, and the one from the outside point to the tv mount and found the supplied cables were all crap. He replaced them as well and the picture is now better than it has been since we bought the van. He was saying that a combination of dodgy connections and crap cables all contribute to poor picture quality

Cheers
Where are you located? I need a good repair dude.