Electrical WiFi in the caravan

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Telstra has just released a new product aimed at car travel, USB device giving you a prepaid WIFI hotspot. also comes with AC adaptor.

"The arrival of the Telstra Pre- Paid 4GX Car Wi-Fi means Australians can now turn their car into a high-speed hotspot.

Capable of the fastest 4G speeds in Australia when in 4GX areas, the device simply plugs into a car’s USB slot or 12 volt power outlet to create a Wi-Fi hotspot that can connect up to five compatible Wi-Fi devices.

Unlike other Car Wi-Fi products, our new Pre-Paid 4GX Car Wi-Fi also comes with an AC wall charger, allowing everywhere from a holiday house or hotel room to be transformed into a Wi-Fi hotspot too." OR CARAVAN

Reactions: Delano

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
We've got the 4g advanced 2 on our home mobile broadband plan, does much the same, I think anything mobile is 12volt

Reactions: Delano

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
An interesting concept @JaycoQ
We use the Telstra Pre-Paid 4G My Pocket Wi-Fi Ultimate and plug into the cars USB plug when travelling....

When in the van we sit the same modem in a docking station which also acts as a charger and antenna booster. We have a wifi/mobile aerial mounted on the TV antenna that plugs into the docking station to boost weaker signals when required.

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic
I just use my mobile as a wifi hot spot, data costa $10 per gb that I use over my allowance of 3.5, works a treat and costs nothing provided I dont let the kids go nuts on the web.