Wheel Balance

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
So I took three of my wheels in (need to leave two on or the van hits the deck) to be balanced and I make the following observations:

• They definitely needed it judging by the amount of weights they put on.
  • One of the little screws broke off in the rim :(.
  • To removed the spare I needed to take both gas cylinders off.
  • The wheels nuts were all over the place for tightness.

The first point being I reckon it's well worth getting done.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Brookes2622,

Have to agree with you that the wheels need lots of weights to balance them - we noticed the size of the balance weights when we had ours done too.

As for removing the gas bottles, given we have the same model van, we don't have to remove the bottles to get the spare tyre out - we do have the extended drawbar. Do you have the extended drawbar? How far forward did they put the bottles from the front of the van?

Cheers,

Rohan

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I took ours to local tyre dealer after delivery to have the wheels balanced after having to do the same to our Swan camper
That how we found out about having to remove the gas bottles, no extended drawer bar, I put a post about it some time ago, and decided that was a mod that needed doing to aviod removing the gas bottles to get the spare out .http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/93-Spare-wheel-removal-16-49-3

Well the mod still isn't done :embarassed: And guess what I had to do on our way back from the Vic High Country trip :frown:

So the mod is know on the agenda for yearly in the new year,