17' Series What does your newer model 17.56.2OB weigh loaded

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Hey peeps, hope everyone's enjoying their Easter at home

As the title says, just wondering what everyone's loaded weight is. By loaded i mean having weighed it with full gas, liquids and say a standard array of accessories and gear to go away with. I know everyone will have a different figure but im hoping to get a rough idea. The weights given in brochures are nothing to go by.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @Brente1982, sorry no one has answered you. I have a Journey OB 17-56-9 2014 model so am not too sure how it fits with what you are after. I had it to one of the free weigh ins the gov did 18 months or more ago. The van Was loaded pretty much to its full capacity with tanks full, gas nearly full and a reasonable supply of food and clothes. The van was 10 kg over weight at 2480 kg and a tow all weight of 200 kg. Stated ATM is 2470 kg and Max tow ball weight Of 350 kg. Somewhere back in one of my posts I posted full details of their results.

I hope this is of some help.

gregp

Apr 30, 2020
Travelling!
Hi Brente1982,

Hopefully I can help. We have a 2010 17.56.2OB, at least that's what's on the compliance plate (I thought the .2 included the ensuite but ours does not, so I assumed ours was a .1). Anyway ours is a non-ensuite model with the bunk bed and a second seating area underneath. It has a 150L fridge, 2x 80L water tanks, microwave, no A/C, no TV antenna, external shower and 23L hot water service. The compliance plate lists Tare as 1818 and GVM as 2293.

So how did we stack up? Well we are 2 adults 3 kids and are travelling for a year (supposedly!), so our van is fairly full with school books, a few laptops, plenty of novels, a range of tools (we have aluminium toolboxes front and rear), food, clothing, one part of the annexe, etc. Not over the top or bursting but all cupboards are pretty full. We took it over a weighbridge in Victoria a couple of months ago, and with both gas bottles loaded and both water tanks full, it weighed 2720kg! I realise this is somewhat overweight so we've tried to trim some weight here and there, but I think we've got a lot of work to do to get it back down to 2293! I am also astonished that we could possibly have added nearly a tonne of payload with what we've put on. I didn't get to weigh it empty so I don't know if that 1818 was with empty tanks, no gas bottles etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Greg