17' Series What comes with a 17.56-2 OB?

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Could someone tell me what came with their 17.56-2 OB when they picked it up please? I assume an owners manual of some sort, a handle for the jacks, instruction manual for the toilet. Just is I am picking up mine this weekend and I want to make sure I get everything I need.

So I'll update this as people tell me what they come with. May help others:

• Instructions for each appliance.
  • Jack winder handle.
  • Jockey wheel.
  • Outdated Instructional DVD.

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Hey Brookes2622,

We purchased our 14' second hand but the owner gave us everything they got from Jayco. Manuals on all major appliances fitted to van. Also a DVD but its abit outdated.

Cheers

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Thanks coled1970. It's that "everything from Jayco" I'm trying to determine. I'll update the first post to compile the list. The van I'm buying only has a couple of options: 150l fridge, external speakers, rollout awning, tellie/dvd, rooftop aircon and privacy screens. I know the warranty is not transferable but then the van just had it's first birthday so doesn't matter anyhow.

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Thats about it Brookes, make sure you use & test absolutely everything!!!!

even hot & cold water in the shower & hand basin. also get them to put water in both tanks & test all outlets from front & rear tanks. all that should limit a trip back!

kolega

Jan 16, 2012
When I purchased my 17-56-2 OB 2 months ago, about 2 weeks after Jayco posted to me a special socked so that I can change my wheels without having to take the Hub Cover off.. If you ckeck the standard wheel brack that is included can not be insterted without removing the 3 allen bolts, this socked save you having to do that and changing your flat Tyre is much easier..

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
When I purchased my 17-56-2 OB 2 months ago, about 2 weeks after Jayco posted to me a special socked so that I can change my wheels without having to take the Hub Cover off.. If you ckeck the standard wheel brack that is included can not be insterted without removing the 3 allen bolts, this socked save you having to do that and changing your flat Tyre is much easier..

That sound handy. Its a right royal pain to remove the allen screws (or what used to be rusted flat head screws until the last service) every time I want to check the wheel nuts are tight....

They'll give you a manual pack. Mine included the users handbook (generic for all models) user manuals (electric brakes, fridge, m/wave, air con, stove) gas and electric installation certificiates, cleaners, and advertising materials (included an advert for Jeep advertising models which were longer made, big 4 holiday park guide from 2 years prior etc), and a docket of recorded weights when placed on the scales. Some dealers may throw in a few extras. (we had to specifically ask for the outdated dvd, and still haven't looked at it)

The jack will be installed in the front boot. Jockey wheel should be installed on the a-frame holding it up :D

Unless lucky, you will not get hoses or power leads etc.

Just check all your ordered inclusions are there, and like Big Gee says, test everything you can.

Have fun

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Thanks coled1970. It's that "everything from Jayco" I'm trying to determine. I'll update the first post to compile the list. The van I'm buying only has a couple of options: 150l fridge, external speakers, rollout awning, tellie/dvd, rooftop aircon and privacy screens. I know the warranty is not transferable but then the van just had it's first birthday so doesn't matter anyhow.
Yes as far as i know mate. Stove, Fridge, etc. I have also checked online for anything else i needed and stuff i already had. If the companies had pdf's of the manuals i downloaded them and saved them for backups.
Cheers

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC

It is. I use a T Bar to get the allan nuts off, but still a pain. What is this special socket? Can you load a photo of it?

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
So picked up the van and think I got everything including loads of paperwork and instructions but the winner was all the keys????

I have a question though. Are there instructions on the use of the HWS and battery system?

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
The Checklist below is what we were given by Bayswater Jayco when we collected our van.

HOT WATER SERVICE
Electric/Powered Site
1. Outside van turn HWS swith to ON.
2. Inside van, flick tap to hot & ensure water flowing.
3. Plug into powerpoint, from HWS & turn on. (NB: This is under the dinette near your battery box & breakaway battery)

Gas/Unpowered Site
1. Outside van turn HWS switch to OFF.
2. Inside van ensure Battery Switch & Water Pump Switch ON.
3. Flick tap to hot & ensure water flowing.
4. Turn white hot water switch to ON (NB: This is probably with your Battery & Pump Switch - it is the one with the red lens on it). Red light will turn ON, then go off when operating in approx 10 seconds.

Important Turn OFF when finished use.

NB: HWS takes approx 15-20 mins to heat.

Hope this helps. Your HWS will fill when you connect mains or turn the pump on with tank water, but that is why you turn the tap to hot. If it flows it has water; if it doesn't flow, then it doesn't.

There are also some excellent videos on line - google Australian Caravan Services or Caravan Hot Water Systems, excellent.

Relax!