What brand breakaway does Jayco use?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
Just sold our 14.44-4ob Expanda and ordered a Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh and was wondering what brand breakaway system Jayco use on their late model caravans?
Cheers
Nick

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Rockape @dagree beat me to it but our 21.64-1 also has the Tow Secure unit.

It's pretty good, but is missing some sort of indicator to tell you it's working. You just have to hope it is, or better still test it each time you use it.

http://www.rvpartsexpress.com.au/tow-secure-break-away-kit.html

I plug the wireless receiver in and pull the pin on the main switch and it sure lets you know it's working.... Screams at me louder than Mrs Dagree :peep:

Last time I used it a low battery warning came up so now to check to see how it's wired in!!!!!!!!! And thanks for this post @Rockape as it just reminded me to download and print the manual!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I plug the wireless receiver in and pull the pin on the main switch and it sure lets you know it's working.... Screams at me louder than Mrs Dagree :peep:

Last time I used it a low battery warning came up so now to check to see how it's wired in!!!!!!!!! And thanks for this post @Rockape as it just reminded me to download and print the manual!

That test works, but it would have been simple to add a 'connected' LED to tell you it's working.

Last 2 times we have used it, the same thing has happened, low battery.

It did go off after about 10 minutes, so have assumed its charging from the car, but have been meaning to check, as it would be good to see it charging off the setec/solar to keep it topped up.

Reactions: dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I also like the idea of the LED connected light!

I actually thought it was faulty and raised at the first service, as they demo'd it at handover and it beeped when connected.

After that it never beeped again, so thought it was faulty.

They found out that it only beeps the first time you connect it.

They also said the older models actually had an indicator but the new models didnt.

I wonder what some of these product designers are thinking sometimes.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. I am in the process of running wiring for the alko ESC and was wondering if I had to run wiring for the remote battery monitor for the breakaway, but this one comes with a wireless one so happy days. Can't wait for the new van. Have heaps of mods to do.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: dagree