What brand batteries do you use?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi again all...

After trying to do a bit of a search, I cannot find really what I am after.
Like the title asks, what brand batteries do you use in your van? What size?
Are you happy with it? Etc
thoughts, comments, feedback and suggestions please!
looking at this for when we pick up our Panda.

BJ

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I have been researching same stuff. I liked the look of Optima batteries, blue tops.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have a Full River AGM 120Ah. This is the 3rd van I have had the same battery installed, swapping it out of each van and fitting it in the next. It is around 5 years old, runs everything in the van supplemented by a 100W portable solar. Does not require maintenance or ventilation (although it has it) can't spill. I would not go any other way now.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Not sure what brand the one in the van is, never had it out (Jayco factory supplied), but it is a sealed maintance free 100 ah
with 110 watt roof mount panel
The tug as an Optima Blue Top as the second battery 60ah runs the Waeco

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Jayco factory fitted 2 x Ritar 100AH AGM sealed batteries topped up by a 200W folding (2 x 100W) portable solar panels from Low Energy Developments via a CTEK D250S Dual DC-DC MPPT Charger/Regulator.

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Hi again all...

After trying to do a bit of a search, I cannot find really what I am after.
Like the title asks, what brand batteries do you use in your van? What size?
Are you happy with it? Etc
thoughts, comments, feedback and suggestions please!
looking at this for when we pick up our Panda.

BJ

I'm going to be using a Fusion 100Ah Lithium LiFePo4 battery in my Work n Play. Lighter and better and the 100Ah is more like a 200 Ah battery when compared to the AGM. Expensive though but I am lucky enough to be getting it gratis.

Looking forward to putting it through its paces. The one issue I can see with it is the the control panel will show it as full right up until just before it runs out due to the voltage curve being steady at about 13.2V until just before it runs out then it drops in voltage pretty suddenly.

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
Amptech 120ah AGM only had it for a full months and used it on two trips. I have a two week trip planned for end of the month into October so will see how it goes, but so far no complaints.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Ive only got the original AGM and the Setek unit, we only use 12V for lighting and water pump, however I usually carry a Waeco fridge for the important stuff (read beer) so I will need to upgrade soon. I'm in Shanghai at our factory now doing the final testing on our latest 20A DC-DC 3 stage pulse chargers with solar input so it looks like I might have to make some changes to the van. I will throw out the Setek, put in the DC-DC plus one of our 20A chargers, then probablyy buy (or make) a small panel like a BME panel with circuit breakers and ad another AGM same as the original. I have a folding 120W panel so I should probably run a cable for it while I'm at it. Then I am going too get rid of those awfull Nava lights and put some we have just started making, COB LED units with a much better light and a lot smaller to. Once all of this stuff is released I will show some pics, its all pretty impressive even if i do say so myself.