Electrical What are these wires for?

RV80

Jun 21, 2015
Brisbane
As the title says, does anyone know what these two wires are for?

image.jpg

Doug

Jun 3, 2015
Leeming / Perth
Where abouts in the van is this pic taken from? What model Jayco have you got. The word Trans would refer to transformer I would think in which case they would be active and neutral from mains but that wouldn't be right because they should be brown and blue.

RV80

Jun 21, 2015
Brisbane
They went into the original charger, but everything still works without them. There is no power from them.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
At a guess power form the tug ??? Bit more info on what youvé done, type of connection from tug etc otherwise not much help as the van is full of white and black power cables and as far as I recall AUX is power in from external 12v, namely car. The AUX cnx doesn't appear in the manual.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Was the Setec broken ?? or just wasn't doing the job you wanted ???

Expensive bit of kit.

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
As the title says, does anyone know what these two wires are for?

View attachment 34541

Where abouts in the van is this pic taken from? What model Jayco have you got. The word Trans would refer to transformer

or Transgender

@RV80 if you are wanting serious answers to your criptic questions, you may help a little with some clues

4 Across - white and black cable marked "TRANS"
7 Down - it came from a setec that was taken out
14 Across - I wanted to change it

damn hard to really help - sorry

how about,
I have a "...(insert size and type of Van)...." that, when I changed the Setec out with a Redarc one, I found these two cables............
they were previously plugged into the Setec at "...(position)..." but I have not connected them up to the Redarc, as there is nowhere to plug them into

could they be important........??????

Reactions: Drover and Doug