Just Browsing WEIGHTCHECK

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
So after 10 months of " research and development " my new business venture is up and running. After buying our new Expanda 18 months ago, I decided to drag it up to a public weighbridge north of Brisbane to make sure I was compliant...guess what ...260kg over, and all my fault. There had to be an easier way to do this !
So the idea was hatched to make the whole concept of checking the weight of your caravan EASIER !
Welcome to WEIGHTCHECK Mobile Caravan Weighing...check out our website and tell me what you think
www.mobilecaravanweighing.com.au

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Great idea! This would make it a lot easier than heading to the local weigh bridge that's for sure.

The question is how much do you charge for the assessment?
Hi Skippy , we charge $150.00 for the caravan weigh within the Brisbane Metro area, my concept it to make it convenient and easy to arrange that way people might be a little more interested in checking their weights. Ill keep you posted

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
And can you give a print out to take to the rta for roadies etc
Hi Skinny, the only docket the state transport depts will accept are weighbridge certificates. However, yes we do provide a print out as well as a written report detailing all the weights etc, but we have had to make it very clear on this document that it CANNOT be used for Registration , Certification or Insurance purposes. In other words it is purely a weight assessment report so that the owner can determine whether he is within the weight specs of the van. Our scales were made here in Brissy by a long established scale manufacturer, and are tested, certified and calibrated under their service schedule.Will keep you posted

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Greta idea, should get many takers in the city and I wish you well in your enterprise.....the site doesn't really mention the are you service though............make sure the Disclosure is in big bold red print as you will come across many wankers who will try it on with you......

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Greta idea, should get many takers in the city and I wish you well in your enterprise.....the site doesn't really mention the are you service though............make sure the Disclosure is in big bold red print as you will come across many wankers who will try it on with you......
Hi Drover,
Many thanks for your support..I am about to change the website wording to say we cover Brissy, the Gold Coast and The Sunny Coast, that was good advice. I sort legal advice with my paperwork to make sure I crossed the t"s and dotted the i's when it comes to the report we provide, and i'm pretty happy with what they did for me. The owner signs the paper work to ensure they understand exactly what we are providing.. a report not a certification. Really appreciate your feedback, keep it coming, it all helps, ill keep you in the loop as we go..thanks again mate, Wally

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yep. Should fulfill a need.

My only concern is that the ones who should be looking at this, do. But, if it provides a service which is difficult to access easily, then I'll support it.

Best wishes for your enterprise..

Reactions: wally and bigcol

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hi Skippy , we charge $150.00 for the caravan weigh within the Brisbane Metro area, my concept it to make it convenient and easy to arrange that way people might be a little more interested in checking their weights. Ill keep you posted

$150 dollars sounds reasonable considering how long it would take people to hitch the caravan up and then the time/fuel/weigh bridge costs, $150 sound like a bargain if you ask us! It's a pity your so far away from WA otherwise I would be keen.

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
Yep. Should fulfill a need.

My only concern is that the ones who should be looking at this, do. But, if it provides a service which is difficult to access easily, then I'll support it.

Best wishes for your enterprise..
Hi Dobbie , thanks for your support . Yep like you said..its about getting people aware of their responsibilities with their caravan weights. During our "research and development " testing some months ago , I weighed a mates dad's van, an older Millard single axle, been around the loop last year ....plate ATM was 1600kgs...it weighed 2200kgs....600kg OVER ! But in saying that he knew it would be over and had actually started upgrading axles, brakes, springs etc, and is now in the process of getting it certified by a transport engineer, will be interesting to see how he goes. Thanks again, i'll keep you in the loop , Wally

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
good stuff @wally

now, about Franchise's............................

so I can charge @skippy .....................
Hi Bigcol, thanks for your support, its been an interesting journey getting it up and going, and i've made sure i've covered all the angles. A good mate of mine is a business guru / accountant / business advisor , and we were having some beers last weekend with a few mates. We got talking about my new venture and the first think he said was franchise, or what he calls it "a licence for an area", so its early days yet ,but who knows what the possibilities are, time will tell...thanks again for your feedback..much appreciated cheers Wally

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
$150 dollars sounds reasonable considering how long it would take people to hitch the caravan up and then the time/fuel/weigh bridge costs, $150 sound like a bargain if you ask us! It's a pity your so far away from WA otherwise I would be keen.
Hi Skippy, thanks again for the feedback, yeah it is all about trying to get people to check the vans, and i'm hoping if you make it easy it will encourage them to do it, Like you said, if they have to hitch up , drag it miles to a weighbridge / dump / quarry to get it weighed, its less appealing and easy to say too hard. This whole thing came about for exactly that reason, I wanted to check my van at a public weighbridge north of Brisbane, and it took me from start to finish two and a half hours round trip, thats when I thought there has to be an easier way. Many thanks again , keep you in the loop ..Wally

Reactions: skippy

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I posted your web link to a Navy Nomads website for Sailors who are on the road, might generate something.

From my place it's over a hundred K round trip so not all that keen to get it checked, should do when on road, one day.

Reactions: wally

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
I posted your web link to a Navy Nomads website for Sailors who are on the road, might generate something.

From my place it's over a hundred K round trip so not all that keen to get it checked, should do when on road, one day.
Hey Drover , thanks mate really appreciated, when your hooked up next time and coming through Brissy , let me know and I can meet you somewhere...Cheers wally

Reactions: Drover

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Hi Bigcol, thanks for your support, its been an interesting journey getting it up and going, and i've made sure i've covered all the angles. A good mate of mine is a business guru / accountant / business advisor , and we were having some beers last weekend with a few mates. We got talking about my new venture and the first think he said was franchise, or what he calls it "a licence for an area", so its early days yet ,but who knows what the possibilities are, time will tell...thanks again for your feedback..much appreciated cheers Wally

I am quite serious mate,

something along the lines of this is a great idea, and should be implemented - before money hungry knobs get involved and stuff it up

let me know what sort of details, training (or whatever) is required

Reactions: wally

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey Drover , thanks mate really appreciated, when your hooked up next time and coming through Brissy , let me know and I can meet you somewhere...Cheers wally

Thats about the only incentive that would get me to drive thru Brissie , lol,lol,lol .....actually thru Brissie is not bad compared to the other joints.

I am quite serious mate,

something along the lines of this is a great idea, and should be implemented - before money hungry knobs get involved and stuff it up

A good dose of CDF and the ability to be nice to General Public............................

I wonder when the first one who will expect you to weigh their rig while on their sloping driveway or on the front lawn..........

Reactions: wally and bigcol

wally

Mar 14, 2016
brisbane
I am quite serious mate,

Agree with you on that Bigcol....lets see how we go over the next few months, it will be interesting to see how many jobs we get and even move interesting to see how many vans are overweight ...stay tuned ...

Reactions: Drover and bigcol