16' Series We are upgrading to an Expanda

Kimmyb

Aug 23, 2011
Ferntree Gully, Victoria
Hello All, firstly I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful people who post on the forum's here on Expanda's Downunder. The information is invaluable!

We have just purchased a 2008 16.49.1 OB - Soft Lid, fairly standard at the moment, it has a TV Antenna, 150 litre Fridge (I wasn't willing to compromise on this) and Annexe. We looked at building/purchasing brand new, but my husband went into Meltdown when he saw the final price, mind you we had 16 upgrades on it! So we decided to buy second-hand.

We, like many of the respondents to the forums have upgraded from a Jayco Swan, we have two small children (4 and 6) and I found this to be too time consuming packing up and down.

What I've learnt so far from here is unvaluable, we have just purchased Hayman Reece Sway Bars/Weight Distribution kit. I'm looking to purchase a 12v TV, I have found the Kogan brand to be the best value for money, so any feedback here, would be appreciated. I've also read up on Solar panels here as well as the AMP Fibian, so thanks again.

We are looking to put the Dometic Truma Hot Water Service in, as well as the Outside Shower so if anybody has any thoughts here, that would be appreciated also.

We probably won't get away in our van until Oct/Nov, but plan to do a lot more travelling.

Safe Travelling to all.

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Welcome Kimmyb,

We too are ugrading from an Outback Eagle to an Expanda (due in Nov) There are many of us on here that have made that transition. I'm really looking forward to the ease of setting up too.

We also went with the 150ltr fridge on ours, I think thats a good decision (it was my wife's idea)

Anyway many happy trails in your new van...... Can't wait for ours

Paul

Reactions: Kimmyb

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Welcome.

We too have "upped" from an Eagle to an Expanda (well it's gestating as we speak!)

"She who must be obeyed" (Wife - all stand) liked the 150 ltr fridge as well and so do I actually.

No TV - might seem weird but go away to get away so to speak. Take a small DVD player to watch a movie on sometimes, but TV now is all about watching someone dance, cook, sing or even worse watching a D list celebrity do all or one of the above. Sport and the news and a radio will do me for that.

Love the Eagle but it's getting too small and I'm getting too old (maybe I should call the radio a "wireless")!

Reactions: Kimmyb