Water spilling over sink onto couch problem???? HELP

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
Hi another question,
does anyone have a problem with water spilling/splashing over from the sink onto the seat tops in their Expanda 16.49-1?

What I suggested to my hubby was......................... could we get Jayco to place a 120mm high edge/lip made out the same wood/laminate as the rest of the cupboards to blend in and run it from the back wall behind the sink to the edge of the bench. So it would be like a head board behind to couch/seats.

Does that make sense to anyone else and has anyone else had a problem with this that they have fixed?

Cheers
Johnstons

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Dont have that problem with the 49-3 but often thought is was a strange way to angel the sink backing onto the seats with out having a higher splash back. I could never figure why they put the A/C right above the sink area either. being blowing straight in your face

With ours having the stove next to the bigger fridge, they should have placed a splash back on the side of the fridge cabinet the same as the wall to stop the stove spits and spalts.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We had a problem with old van. Spilt a load of water one trip and placed cushion outside, later I spilt chilli oil and am I lucky the cushion was outside drying, it only went on the plywood so was cleaned up easily. That was last straw, so we had this splash back made by our local caravan service guy. He only charged us $50 from memory. Try a local caravan guy before going to Jayco.

caravan 2 002.JPG
Caravan 1 247.JPG

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
Woohoo I love this site!!!!!!!

Especially you Jenny, think you have helped me with ALL my issues tonight, thanks heaps xx
Your photo is exactly what I was thinking of but hadn't seen it done.
So happy, now I just have to find someone to do it for me, the challenge begins.
:bounce:

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
You're welcome! I agree with aircon, it should have been swapped with microwave, makes more sense. We now have rooftop aircon so wont be an issue now. Gee I miss our old van. Memories flood back when I put the pictures on. We looked after it so well. It looks brand new!
Cheers Jenny