Water Pumps

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I carry a couple of jerries and pump from them straight into the van tanks using a cordless drill pump, pump from Aldi and using some 25mm plastic hose I don't even lift them out from the Ute, works very well and super quick........some pics somewhere but god knows where........have been thinking of doing a more cliclon hose and flick a switch job but it's very KISS now and works a treat....with my set up I load the Jerry's into the ute empty and never have to move them, fill from hose and just lift cap and insert pick up hose.

It took me ages but I found a pic from when I first got the pump many, many moons ago, trolley to drag the jerry, pump mounted on a bit of board for stability, now no trolley and it's far easier and quicker.

toptank-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I use one of these Whale 12v submersibles. Expensive, but its a quality pump. Pumps around 12ltrs per minute and fits down the spout of any jerry can.

Ive added a 12v outlet under the chassis on the road side of the van half way btw the sullage and tank fillers for this pump and my sullage pump. I suppose you could park the car next to the van and use the car cig socket

Whale_GP1652_Hi__4f9ff92e35ef7.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a packing rule that everything I take must have 2 uses. So I use the submersible pump from my $20 portable 12v shower. Just unscrew the shower head and its good to go.

I have a similar rule but some things like dunny paper is exempt.

Reactions: bigcol

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Is there any reason you couldn’t use the van pump by using another 3way tap like the one for the water tanks and suck out of containers that way with a hose from the drawbar tap to fill the tanks? I’m thinking of doing it to suck from a tank when I’m camping at our farm instead of trickle filling tanks every couple of days.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Is there any reason you couldn’t use the van pump by using another 3way tap like the one for the water tanks and suck out of containers that way with a hose from the drawbar tap to fill the tanks? I’m thinking of doing it to suck from a tank when I’m camping at our farm instead of trickle filling tanks every couple of days.
That should work. The sureflo pumps are diaphragm pumps which can pump air.

Not sure how much lift they have to pull the water up