Exterior Water pumping out of mains connection

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I have just made the van ready for a trip tomorrow, checking everything and noticed when I turn the water pump on it pumps out the water in the tanks through the mains connection. I have made a bogy blanking off plug from some hose fittings as we are off to Rocky Point Retreat for 4 days and there is no water, the only thing I have done to the water system is to remove the pressure valve but that was years ago, any suggestions? Calling into the fraser coast caravan show at Maryborough on the way, looking to buy either a 19' Journey Outback or a Sunseeker Mirage but need the van to work properly for the weekend.
Cheers
Dave

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just get a Guest NRV valve and fit it in the line close to the fill connection and all will be good, the fitting that you put the hose onto has a NRV valve and the O ring has more than likely popped off. Don't worry about trying to fix, when you have time just remove the fitting and pull the valve out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW and Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just get a Guest NRV valve and fit it in the line close to the fill connection and all will be good, the fitting that you put the hide onto has a nrv valve and the O ring has more than likely popped off. Don't worry about trying to fix, when you have time just remove the fitting and pull the valve out.
Spot on, the Jayco mains inlet NRV inside the clip on fitting is cheap rubbish and not worth the time or money buggering around with. As @Drover said easy better and cheaper fix slice a JG NRV into the mains line behind the filler. I completely removed the guts of the Jayco clip on filler altogether

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I fixed my water issue by pushing the non return valve out of the hose fitting and inserting a John Guest non return valve into the water supply pipe. A lot cheaper to do it that way.

Reactions: Marv_mart and DRW