17' Series Water Pump

Beaver13

Aug 28, 2018
Sydney
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum. My water pump is operating, you can hear it, but no water is coming out of the tap.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Chris

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If both tanks are full of water the 3 way valve may be in the closed position so no water flow, a close look at the valve will show some tiny little arrows........otherwise you have a air leak into a line, can be hard to find as water won't leak out but air will be sucked in.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
If previously working and now not, as @Drover has suggested check the position of all taps, switches and tanks have water in them just in case something has been changed.

I also assume that you have checked that water is not running from any split pipes or connectors in or under the van, after the pump.

If you are certain that everything is in the right location and water in the tank, and you still are not getting water, based on your explanation (pump running) there is an issue on the inlet side.

I would rig up some sort of water feed directly to the pump (as close as practical) and check that the pump will prime and supply water. Open a tap to allow it to prime and water to run. If this works, then turn tap off and the pump should stop. If it runs continuously after you turn the tap off then pressure switch may be faulty.

Once you have established that the pump is working with a water supply close to the pump, re-connect the pump line and then work backwards disconnecting the line at convenient locations and use the temporary supply to check that section. When you get to a section that does not work then you need to find out why and fix.

Good luck

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Also underneath you will find a filter between the tanks and pump, just a plastic cylinder type same as garden irrigation, this could be full of bugs and stuff.

Reactions: millers