20' Series water pressure

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@chartrock......................???????? pics ??????????......lol,lol.

Looking under my mates new Capricorn, it is so clean, tidy and organised, very nice and there isn't any hidden jumble in the cupboards......Next mod will sort mine out.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
@chartrock......................???????? pics ??????????......lol,lol.
Sorry about that. I'll try again.
DSC_8624.JPG DSC_8625.JPG DSC_8626.JPG DSC_8627.JPG

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They are a little bit tidier now but not much though still plenty of spots for the lines to chaff thru................................

Today I spat the dummy my water had bugger all pressure, full of air. It was the 3 way switch leaking air so I dismantle it and find 2 O rings, replaced them but it leaked just a bit, so headed into Nowra and got 2 Pope taps for lawn irrigation, may not be pretty but at least I can shut each tank off and have great pressure back from the pump and since they are underneath will probably stay there.

Melon2155

G'day all , we have also had issues with water pressure in our 20.63-1 . I replaced the factory pressure reducer with same make model reducer and it made a very minor difference , so decided to look for something different. Agree with others that just removing the reducer is too risky , so decided to try the reducer recommended by @millhouse on page 2 of this thread from Bunnings. I suppose i am taking a calculated risk by allowing max pressure from 350Kpa to 500Kpa but thought it was worth a try . End result was that we now have good , usable prerssure inside the van , and also to the outside shower.
This reducer is NOT , however a one way valve , and will allow backflow . I tried using the water pump and there was no problems apart from a small amount of air pressure escaping through the tap connection in the middle of the two water tank filling points. Long term remedy will be to source a one way valve .

I have only tried this at home at this stage and long term , only time will tell. But i was getting sick of the unusable water pressure in the van. Will update if there are ever any issues , but , so far so good.
Thanks @millhouse for the suggestion.

Attachments

• 20150121_083248_resized.jpg
    20150121_083248_resized.jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 209

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
This reducer is NOT , however a one way valve , and will allow backflow . I tried using the water pump and there was no problems apart from a small amount of air pressure escaping through the tap connection in the middle of the two water tank filling points. Long term remedy will be to source a one way valve .

Thanks @millhouse for the suggestion.

The one way valve on the Jayco's is actually part of the water inlet connector. Just underneath the click on hose connector is a small spring loaded one way valve.

I have a spare one on board, but as we discovered on our recent trip, you can often poke a piece of wire or similar in to dislodge any debris that might stop them working.

You'll know if the one way isnt working as water will pump out of the inlet if you are using your tanks and turn on a tap.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You can pick up a John Guess non return valve for about $4 at any van shop, just fit it in the line after your pressure valve.