16' Series Water pooling

bootie66

May 7, 2012
Illawarra
I hope this question hasn't been asked elsewhere. I had a look through old threads and couldn't see anything.

I have a 2006 16.49.3 (without the hard top bedends). When it rains water pools on the top of the flyends. I was wondering what great ideas people have here for stopping this.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Bootie,
We had the same problem with after market bag fly's.
What I did was buy 4 x adjustable tent poles with holes either end. Placed them between the centre and outer poles during setup.
Setup the outer poles lower than the centre one and adjust the horizontal ones out as far as possible.
This ensures the fly corners are the lowest point and the poles prevent the outer corners from being pulled inwards when the weight of the water hits the fly.

Haven't had the chance to try in wet weather but have tested with a hose and worked then.
Hope the above makes sense..... If not will set it up at some stage and get some pics.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Forgot to mention above but using the "spreader bars" also enables you to setup the guide ropes directly forward and rearward of the van minimising the tripping hazard when walking out of the annexe. Found that out the hard way :mmph: after a few beverages :bounce:

bootie66

May 7, 2012
Illawarra
Do your fly ends have 3 poles? Mine only have 2 poles and a speader between the two. I was thinking of putting a bend in the middle so it is raised in the middle.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yes we have 3 poles

Do your fly ends have 3 poles? Mine only have 2 poles and a speader between the two. I was thinking of putting a bend in the middle so it is raised in the middle.

Try bending the spreader bar... If that doesn't work get an eyelet fitted in the middle of the fly and get a 3rd (adjustable) pole and two adjustable spreader bars or drill a hole in the bar after bending and see if that works