Water dripping

Kimberley D

Sep 13, 2012
Darwin
Hi, seeking more help please. Is this a normal setup with the red hose open and dripping? It seems to be rusting out the wheel strut (unsure of word). This is under the external hot water system door. Thanks

Attachments

• 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 308

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
Looks like it the drain hose for the pressure relief valve on the hot water system. The valve may be faulty or there could be to much pressure in hot water system, i.e. temp in system getting to hot.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Looks like the drain hose as suggested above. Nothing wrong with it dripping during heating cycles, that is normal. If it is a newish van, you could take it back and get them to sort it. At the very least, the drain needs to be moved/extended. Easy job, a "john guest" joiner, a bit of pipe and a few saddle clips. Large caravan shops sell the gear.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
As others have suggested get it moved asap :)!!!

And consider asking them to replace the rusted parts under warranty.

Even out of warranty if it has not been cut / damaged I would still ask them to take a look as if it was installed like that from the beginning they may come to the party.

Good luck and let us know how you go!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Easiest way to fix is what maccayak said, I'm sure ours is on the outside of chassis.......maybe Jayco thought this would lube the spring :crazy:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
yep definately the drain tube from HWS releif valve, pretty normal for it to drip a bit, but if it's excessive, check the valve. I'd also extend the tube as mentioned, however I'd be more worries about the amount of rust that as formed, especially on the u-bolts, how old is the van, was it new or used purchase?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I have a dripping pipe like that too, i thought it was the AC, my pipe is not lacated near either the HWS or AC so i was not really sure but it does not drip onto anything so i diddnt think it was a worry?

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
When we first picked our van up we noticed a bit of water on the floor inside every so often, but we couldn't work out why. Until i started to pull the van apart in frustration and found that Jayco "forgot" to poke ours through the floor. But that is not a good spot to have it, dripping on your bits....
Ours used to leak everytime you turned the HW tap off when connected to a van park with high pressure.

Kimberley D

Sep 13, 2012
Darwin
Thanks everyone. Back to Bunnings for me to get the tubing extension once i see what mm diameter it is. Can get the socket for me to complete Operation anode change too. Poor kiddiwinks, always dragging them about doing stuff for the van! Being a 2007 van i do wonder whether i would get anywhere if i approached Jayco with a few issues i have, like the yellowing of bathroom walls which i see has been discussed on forum. The rust seems superficial and U-Bolt ok to my untrained eye, thankfully. The van park we are at has very high water pressure so i wonder if that is contributing to the higher dripping output as bigman0510 said, or whether it is just because of the high usage i put the hot water under doing endless dishes etc. (A woman's work is never done- wah wah wah). Perth caravan show starts tomorrow- can't wait!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks everyone. Back to Bunnings for me to get the tubing extension once i see what mm diameter it is. Can get the socket for me to complete Operation anode change too. Poor kiddiwinks, always dragging them about doing stuff for the van! Being a 2007 van i do wonder whether i would get anywhere if i approached Jayco with a few issues i have, like the yellowing of bathroom walls which i see has been discussed on forum. The rust seems superficial and U-Bolt ok to my untrained eye, thankfully. The van park we are at has very high water pressure so i wonder if that is contributing to the higher dripping output as bigman0510 said, or whether it is just because of the high usage i put the hot water under doing endless dishes etc. (A woman's work is never done- wah wah wah). Perth caravan show starts tomorrow- can't wait!

Good to hear, just re route the pipe and get that area dry and get a steel brush to remove any surface rust of and asses the damage if any....

Good luck and let us know how you get along!

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
All vans will drip water from that pipe, when a cold hot water service is heated the water will expand and the pressure valve will let the excess pressure out. Best to move yours though and maybe wire brush the springs down and a coat of paint.