Interior Washing machine

Mark73

Dec 9, 2013
Yarra Valley Melbourne
Hi everyone
I'm planing to add a washing machine.
Where do I buy "T" and elbow fittings which suit the rigid water hose Jayco use under our vans??

Thanks Mark

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If you mean the black pipe, its John Guest pipe/fittings you need. Mark I have an 18.57-5 so I presume you will be putting it under where the TV normally goes? I find the best place to buy the fittings is at the larger caravan parts place or on line. To be honest I have never seen that pipe at our Bunnings. If you want some photos of a factory fitted one send me a message. You also have to do the drain:). We used our washing machine on the weekend and it was great, but then we had to pay $6 to dry our washing. $6!! I thought that was a bit expensive. Our installation has the tap inside in a tiny cupboard next to the washing machine, I think it could be done with the tap underneath, I would be interested if the new ones (Like Rens) are done any different.

Photos on Page 2. http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/maccas-2012-18-57-5.5035/page-2

Reactions: Mark73

Mark73

Dec 9, 2013
Yarra Valley Melbourne
If you mean the black pipe, its John Guest pipe/fittings you need. Mark I have an 18.57-5 so I presume you will be putting it under where the TV normally goes? I find the best place to buy the fittings is at the larger caravan parts place or on line. To be honest I have never seen that pipe at our Bunnings. If you want some photos of a factory fitted one send me a message. You also have to do the drain:). We used our washing machine on the weekend and it was great, but then we had to pay $6 to dry our washing. $6!! I thought that was a bit expensive. Our installation has the tap inside in a tiny cupboard next to the washing machine, I think it could be done with the tap underneath, I would be interested if the new ones (Like Rens) are done any different.

Photos on Page 2. http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/maccas-2012-18-57-5.5035/page-2
Hi @macca thanks for the feedback I will try tracking down the john guest fittings which will be a big help.
My cupboard under the TV is the old model (2010) which is not deep enough for the washing machine to fit. It became an option about a year later.
The height and width are OK but around 7cm too shallow.
So I pulled the whole cupboard out ready to instal washing machine then I have to figure out how to alter the cupboard and make it look good.
I better get cracking my big trip is 26 days away

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Reading your occupation, I'm sure you have that under control. Probable Bayswater Jayco or the RV superstore would be the closest to you. My one is connected to a garden tap exactly the same as what is on the drawbar. I ran a drain on mine all the way to the rear in 40mm SWV pipe. They sell that at bunnings. SWV is normal drainage pipe that is used on your house. Jayco just poked the drain thru the floor and expected you to run a drain hose from there. I connected the washing machine drain to the kitchen sink and ran it out the back. The bonus of that is the kitchen drains really quick because air can enter via the where the washing machine hose pokes in the drain in the little side cupboard.

Reactions: Mark73

Mark73

Dec 9, 2013
Yarra Valley Melbourne
Thanks heaps people wish I had of posted this question last week as I wasted a good few hours today and didn't get it sorted. Will have to wait till Saturday now. Yes macca should be able to sort out the cabinet pretty easily.
Thanks again Mark