20' Series Wanting to buy a 20-64-1 OB

Swerve

Mar 26, 2014
Sydney
Hi all,

Been a while since my last post, but been around.

Where looking at upgrading the 16.67-1 OB to a 20-64-1 OB and am wondering how to negotiate the best deal. Almost 12 months ago we almost signed up at the Rosehill Caravan show. Am I best waiting until April and negotiate a deal at the show or can I swindle a dealer beforehand.

Thought’s people ? Been reading Passonfingers thread a few good points in there

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Best advice is to ring around.. If someone still has a 2015 model you may get a deal.
Try interstate as well.
Not sure the show is the best place to get a deal. We where useless on the 17.58 although got a good deal on the 22.68 as floor stock

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Youll get a better return on 16ft selling privately. Trade in prices are notoriously low.

When we purchased our 2009 Expanda at the dealer, i mentioned waiting for the next show for the so called "show specials", as we were in no rush.

He produced the last years "show specials" price list from his desk drawer, and offered up a negotiation starting price which was a already a few thousand less.

Good luck

jarrod01

Jan 8, 2016
melbourne vic
Hi swerve we had also been looking for a 20.64-1 ob and heard that the 2016 models were due to come out so went down to the local jayco dealership and noticed they were selling off a lot of the floor stock. We were lucky enough to get a great deal on the 2015 model 20.64-1 ob and best of all picking it up on Friday so the wait hasn't been long at all. I wish you all the best in your search.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi @Swerve, we actually have a 21.64-1 OB that we recently looked at trading in on a Silverline or Starcraft.

The trade price offered was significantly lower than what we were expecting considering we keep hearing how much expandas hold their value.

The issue was around the dealer needing to have a clear price difference between the 2nd hand and new stock otherwise they can never sell their trades.

We will most likely sell privately so we don't lose so much.

Out of interest, what sort of price are you being quoted on a new 20.64-1 OB ?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
trading a van is like trading a car.. they need to add the 10% for GST and then a margin to cover anything to fix.
Then they need to make a profit as its taking up yard space.
Like a car if you getting a good trade in I gather your loosing on the price.
When we moved vans one place factory direct was going to give us a really good trade in. Although weirdly the van just got a price increase :)

Although I think sometimes they like to mark up older stock to entice you to buy new.
2014 model $50k new one $55k. Then they eventually sell the 2014 one to someone who does not want to wait.
A win win.