Wanted to buy - Jayco 14.44 hard lid prefer bathroom

kymba7

Apr 7, 2016
Batemans Bay NSW
Hi all, looking to purchase a hard-lid jayco expanda 14.44, preferably with shower/toilet. Let me know if you've got anything preferably on the East Coast. If can't find one may look at 16.49-3. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Kathyrqld

May 31, 2016
Helensvale
Hi all, looking to purchase a hard-lid jayco expanda 14.44, preferably with shower/toilet. Let me know if you've got anything preferably on the East Coast. If can't find one may look at 16.49-3. Thanks :)

Hi there Kymba. I am a new member to expandas downunder & I just read you ad looking for a 14.44. We have our Jayco 2010 14.44.3OB for sale. Its in "excellent" condition with nothing to spend. Spotless inside & out. Loads of added inclusions incl full annex & shade/privacy ends & side wall & clears for the bed area etc etc etc. It's in this site in the classifieds section. Please feel free to have a look at the photos & contact me if you have any questions. It does not have toilet/shower but just thought I'd let u know. We are on the Gold Coast. Thanks kathy & Graham

Kathyrqld

May 31, 2016
Helensvale
Hi bigcol. Yes I sent a msg to Kymba last night. Maybe he is still looking but ours doesn't have shower toilet but we certainly love our porta loo inside for night times & have a shower hut & great shower for free camping situations. 95% of the time we r in caravan parks. We r selling due to husbands shift changes & just cannot use it as much as we would like. It's immaculate & has loads of inclusions - see ad. someone else will love it just like us. We will be looking for another one next year maybe a 2016 Starcraft off-road wth fibreglass walls. Thanks kathy

Reactions: bigcol

kymba7

Apr 7, 2016
Batemans Bay NSW
Hi @Kathyrqld what a shame we would have been interested in that but we as nothing ever came up on this site or anywhere else we were looking at the time we decided to buy new. We're very happy & excited to pick it up in 2 weeks time. Its got everything we wanted including ensuite so can't wait to take it out for a trip. Hope you sell yours soon, its a lovely van so I'm sure you'll have no trouble. There aren't many 14 footers for sale so it'll go quick I'm sure. All the best.

I did come back on line fairly regularly btw but nothing was available

This is our 3rd Expanda & 6th Jayco van - love em - best on the market by a country mile!

Kathyrqld

May 31, 2016
Helensvale
Hi @Kathyrqld what a shame we would have been interested in that but we as nothing ever came up on this site or anywhere else we were looking at the time we decided to buy new. We're very happy & excited to pick it up in 2 weeks time. Its got everything we wanted including ensuite so can't wait to take it out for a trip. Hope you sell yours soon, its a lovely van so I'm sure you'll have no trouble. There aren't many 14 footers for sale so it'll go quick I'm sure. All the best.

I did come back on line fairly regularly btw but nothing was available

This is our 3rd Expanda & 6th Jayco van - love em - best on the market by a country mile!
Thank you for yr reply. How exciting getting s new one with an ensuite !! That's a bit fancy hey !! But our next one I'm hoping will have an ensuite or a toilet shower Combo. Yes we are only selling it as Graham's shifts has changed (for the worse) & we can't get away as often. We still love it so much & honestly if we do not sell it we will keep it, & put a shower in. Do U think the price is reasonable?? We love Jayco & we will definitely buy Jayco next. All the other brands are way beyond our budget & just too overpriced. We like the new Starcraft ensuite with fibreglass walls & a bike rack next time. Many Happy travels ..

Reactions: kymba7

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well @kymba7 we will have to try and get you to engage in more conversations / threads

as you seem to love the product........................

(I'm always trying to encourage new people to break down their walls and join the online community, there are some fantastic people on here, with a passion for their Vans and Camping)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ever thought of becoming a salesman @bigcol ;)

But I do agree with you..... Plenty of help, advice, comradery (And Banter ;) ) all in the one place :D

kymba7

Apr 7, 2016
Batemans Bay NSW
Thank you for yr reply. How exciting getting s new one with an ensuite !! That's a bit fancy hey !! But our next one I'm hoping will have an ensuite or a toilet shower Combo. Yes we are only selling it as Graham's shifts has changed (for the worse) & we can't get away as often. We still love it so much & honestly if we do not sell it we will keep it, & put a shower in. Do U think the price is reasonable?? We love Jayco & we will definitely buy Jayco next. All the other brands are way beyond our budget & just too overpriced. We like the new Starcraft ensuite with fibreglass walls & a bike rack next time. Many Happy travels ..
Yes @Kathyrqld that seems reasonable to me, I would have looked at it altho I would probably would have ended up going for an ensuite anyway.
You probably would have liked the van we just sold - we're actually downsizing. We had a 2012 starcraft 22ft model with full ensuite & everything you could throw a stick at. But our 4 kids now prefer to camp outside the van so we decided to get one just for us 2, and the expanda feels more like you're still camping outside. I like to feel the breeze blow through the van if you know what I mean. I found the starcraft a little claustrophobic. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful inside & super comfortable but throw in 4 kids & it gets real small real quick!
Anyway, all the best with your search, :)

I noticed your from Helensvale - haha that's where I grew up!

Kathyrqld

May 31, 2016
Helensvale
Yes @Kathyrqld that seems reasonable to me, I would have looked at it altho I would probably would have ended up going for an ensuite anyway.
You probably would have liked the van we just sold - we're actually downsizing. We had a 2012 starcraft 22ft model with full ensuite & everything you could throw a stick at. But our 4 kids now prefer to camp outside the van so we decided to get one just for us 2, and the expanda feels more like you're still camping outside. I like to feel the breeze blow through the van if you know what I mean. I found the starcraft a little claustrophobic. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful inside & super comfortable but throw in 4 kids & it gets real small real quick!
Anyway, all the best with your search, :)

I noticed your from Helensvale - haha that's where I grew up!

Wow, Helensvale hey... We love the air flow you get with expandas & yes we love the feel of the breezes through the bed area & I just love it laying in bed & looking at the stars & have had the moon wake me up. 22 ft too big up to 19 ft will certainly do us. Our kids r grown up & if they are with us they are in tents not listening to dad snore !! Good luck

Reactions: bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014

We're in the process of preparing our 16.49.3 OB for sale....2014 model.

Yes...ensuite model and located north Brisbane.

I can send some details, photos etc if you're interested but we're currently emptying it ready to get the photos and are somewhat slow!

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Marilyn

Nov 1, 2014

Hi Kymba7 - have you found a 14.44 yet? We are in Victoria and have just listed one on Gumtree. Excellent condition with shower and toilet. Go to: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/langwarrin/caravans/jayco-expander-2012-with-shower-toilet/1124347631
for full specs and pics.