Wanted: 16.49.2 (2008 forward) or 16.49.4

Trudy

May 16, 2014
Hi All,

We are looking for our 1st van. We have decided on the 16 foot model, with the bunks.
Would anyone be selling, or know someone who is selling one of these beauties in NSW?
I should add, we would love an outback model....but who wouldn't right?

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Good choice Trudy the 16' is a great model and tows well. Offers a lot of room for the size. Good luck with your hunt, shame you don't want a -3 shower/toilet model I could do you a great expandasdownunder deal.;)

Trudy

May 16, 2014
Thanks Jim, we really need the bunks for the kidlets.:grouphug:
But your van looks really nice. Good luck with the sale. :D

Trudy

May 16, 2014
Oh yes! Thanks twscoot, that is a fine specimen of a 16.49.2! Love it!
Might be well worth the drive, for sure!

Trudy

May 16, 2014
Thanks heaps for the suggestion & posts Andrew20 & Cruza Driver.
We really need the 4 or 2 with the bunk beds though. Your van looks really neat Andrew20, I hope you get a super quick sale. :)

Reactions: cruza driver

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
My advice @Trudy is go for the late 2008 and don't let anyone tell you the non hard lid model is better. Also you can buy the non outback and eventually undersling the axles with bigger wheels & tyres for small outlay...It all depends on what you can pick it up for.... if they have the pre hard lid negotiate VERY hard you may be able to knock a fair bit off (Not being negative to the non hard lid owners we were an owner of one and got a lot of use)......BUT BE SURE ......DEFINATELY go the bunks you may pay a little more but versatility and in the long run resale will not disappoint...This site is good as it will give you the real deal...bottom line is I would think twice LONG TERM with regard to buying an early or pre 2008 Expanda

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Definitely agree 100% with @The Goodwins in regard to the pre 2008 comments. We had a 2007 soft lid 16.49.3 for 3 years and after comparing our setup time (Complete with bed fly's) compared to a 2013 model camped next to us in February we went and updated to a hard lid within a month.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not knocking the non-hard lid expandas as we had a lot of fun and use with ours but it still felt like we were setting up a tent with all the poles and ropes required to protect the bed ends from the elements.

Good luck with your search and I'm sure you will enjoy what ever you find :)

Reactions: DRW and bigcol