Waeco CR1140 240/12v Power Switching Fault

brigalowO

Jul 22, 2012
Greetings to all members,

I am a new member, and while we have a different model Jayco, ours is a brand new, Sterling 21.65.4 Outback, and have just discovered that the Waeco CR1140 compressor fridge, won't run on 240v.

It is fine with 12v but as soon as the 240v switch is thrown, it shuts down and the red fault light comes on. I have checked the 240v power point as being okay, and I believe that it might have something to do with a "rectifier" ? not being factory enabled? when the fridge was installed by Jayco.

We collected our van from the factory, and while the staff were marvellous in every other respect, I am very disappointed that this wasn't tested prior to collection.

It is not practical to have our local dealer look at it, as we can't wait the disgracefully long two months for them to book it in, so has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum brigalow0. Where are you based? maybe a local forum member may be able to point you in the right direction.

I had similar problems getting to my nearest dealer but looked in the yellow pages and found that a number of local caravan repair shops were agents for Jayco, in other words they could do repairs under warranty. Another alternative would be to contact Waeco direct and they could point you to their agent as I am sure Jayco would send it to them anyway. They did that with my air con, just contacted the nearest agent and asked me to take the van there.

Good luck with it and enjoy the forum.

brigalowO

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for the welcome, and apologies for slow response. Our home base is in the lower Hunter Valley of NSW, near Maitland, and not long after joining and making my first post, we were in the midst of readying for a bedding-in first trip in the new van.

We are currently in Bundaberg, where we had our fridge partly fixed by an incompetent warranty service agent, who only discovered the problem by accident(long story) I initially found the problem fan and told them, but they ignored me as being a silly old pensioner, but that led to discovering that it was a burnt out module, caused by the faulty cooling fan.

Anyway, it is working now with no thanks to Waecos srevice agents, Barron Refrigeration in Bundaberg.

Robert

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Glad you got it sorted, Robert, even if they were a tad incompetent. I hope you are enjoying your trip. Where are you headed and for how long? Post up some photos if you get a chance. :clap2: