Video of 20.63 Expanda

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
just surfing around and came across this video of the new 20.63

I'm not affiliated with the company - I live on the opposite side of the country !!, just thought it was a nice interesting vid showing the new model

Like the dinette table under support

cheers

Reactions: Kate File

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
It's a great ad for the 20 expanda. I haven't seen one of these yet, and I do wonder where they put that extra length cause the vid doesn't portray the extra length.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
It's a great ad for the 20 expanda. I haven't seen one of these yet, and I do wonder where they put that extra length cause the vid doesn't portray the extra length.

There is one at Bayswater, well I'm 98.27% sure it's a 20. It has a slide out so I'd say it's a slideout 20 Brad

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
There is a triple bunk model at Page Bros on display. Brad the extra area I think is most noticeable in the shower toilet area. We were close to ordering one as we liked the shower toilet over the 18-57-9 but as we have three kids who are only going to get taller, we just could not make the sleeping arrangements work. Now if they made one that expanded both ends!! Wait to see what the man from HSV can do!

Geoff

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
That was the clip from Creek to Coast a few weeks ago, the guy claims he fits the bed though states he is 6'7" I'm sure he be hanging over a bit you can see him bending slight while looking at the ensuite, though probably a bit better than some stand beds in other models.
We called at Jayco a few weeks ago, they had one in stock, they're a big unit.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
There is a triple bunk model at Page Bros on display. Brad the extra area I think is most noticeable in the shower toilet area. We were close to ordering one as we liked the shower toilet over the 18-57-9 but as we have three kids who are only going to get taller, we just could not make the sleeping arrangements work. Now if they made one that expanded both ends!! Wait to see what the man from HSV can do!

Geoff
Spot on Geoff. We were almost ready to sign on the dotted line for the 20.63 having previously looked mainly at the 17.56-2, but having three kids means the bunks are pretty close to each other.( no head room).
with my kids at least, when they need some chill out time,they use their beds to read, or play with their iPods etc. Having the triple bunks means that this isn't really an option.
I really loved the bigger ensuite, kitchen and dining area, but the bed situation just wouldn't work for us, so back to the 17.56-2.

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
Spot on Geoff. We were almost ready to sign on the dotted line for the 20.63 having previously looked mainly at the 17.56-2, but having three kids means the bunks are pretty close to each other.( no head room).
with my kids at least, when they need some chill out time,they use their beds to read, or play with their iPods etc. Having the triple bunks means that this isn't really an option.
I really loved the bigger ensuite, kitchen and dining area, but the bed situation just wouldn't work for us, so back to the 17.56-2.

Soaring out of curiousity, can I ask why you aren't interested in the 18.57-9?

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
There is one at Bayswater, well I'm 98.27% sure it's a 20. It has a slide out so I'd say it's a slideout 20 Brad

The 20' with the slideout was at Bayswater the last couple of times I've been. There is plenty of seating around the table and the pantry is a decent size too. As we would need extra beds I still like the 18.57-9 better though.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Hi Tayla, Too be honest, I really wasn't looking for a full height van, so had dismissed the 18s. Then when the 20.63 came along, the massive ensuit really had me interested to the extent that I was prepared to this dismiss my previous reservation of having the full height, but the bunk situation swayed me back to the 17

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The 20' with the slideout was at Bayswater the last couple of times I've been. There is plenty of seating around the table and the pantry is a decent size too. As we would need extra beds I still like the 18.57-9 better though.
Thats the one it was still there on Saturday ;)

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Tayla, Too be honest, I really wasn't looking for a full height van, so had dismissed the 18s. Then when the 20.63 came along, the massive ensuit really had me interested to the extent that I was prepared to this dismiss my previous reservation of having the full height, but the bunk situation swayed me back to the 17

aah, that makes sense. I'm the opposite, I love the full height van and if we were upgrading our car to be able to tow the extra weight of a bigger van I would go for the 18' :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I think the toilet shower area is too small for the extra $$$ I would be spending so I did not want to compromise. If I bought a 18-57-9 I would be compromising so my wife said don't. The 20-63-1 layout for us is close, just need the extra end bed. We tried, even made the kids try it, but deep down I knew it would not work. I know it seems crazy that we will keep a 16, we were willing to pay another $15ishK but for those $$$ I want it to be right and not close.

Geoff

Reactions: Tayla

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
I think the toilet shower area is too small for the extra $$$ I would be spending so I did not want to compromise. If I bought a 18-57-9 I would be compromising so my wife said don't. The 20-63-1 layout for us is close, just need the extra end bed. We tried, even made the kids try it, but deep down I knew it would not work. I know it seems crazy that we will keep a 16, we were willing to pay another $15ishK but for those $$$ I want it to be right and not close.

Geoff

I'll have to pay more attention to the size of the toilet shower area when we are able to upgrade. I must admit I have only given them a quick glance as I knew we were not able to tow them.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I'll have to pay more attention to the size of the toilet shower area when we are able to upgrade. I must admit I have only given them a quick glance as I knew we were not able to tow them.
I have got to get down and take a look at this 20. For me I thought the 18 had a nice size toilet and shower.
the full height van however has been great for keeping that heat in.

Tayla

Mar 9, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
I have got to get down and take a look at this 20. For me I thought the 18 had a nice size toilet and shower.

You may see us there Brad! We keep dropping in to Jayco to look at the vans while we wait for ours :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria

Brad I think it is the same shower set up as your 18-57-5, just reversed. We quite liked the 57-5 layout as it had to end beds but no bunks.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Brad I think it is the same shower set up as your 18-57-5, just reversed. We quite liked the 57-5 layout as it had to end beds but no bunks.
Hmmmm.... I am going to have to get down for a look then. Really keen to see where those couple of extra feet were placed.