Vic to Qld with 4 Kids

linrod

Jan 3, 2012
Inverloch, Victoria
Hi guys,
I'm after all the help I can get.......................
We are planning a trip up the East Coast from Inverloch in Victoria to the Gold Coast or maybe even the Sunshine Coast.
We are planning on taking roughly 4 weeks, so I'm after tips and trade secrets about great family parks to stay at along the way and a great park to use as a base when we get to QLD. We have 4 kids so the kid friendlier the park the better.
Our goal is the Gold Coast as the theme parks are calling their names and I cant put them off any longer.
Looking forward to everyones thoughts
Cheers Linda:wink::wink::wink:

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
At the Gold Coast end Tallebuggera Tourist Park is always a winner with my 7 year old. There is one right near movie world/wet and wild and not far from Dreamworld (Gold Coast Tourist Park???) but we found the highway noise a bit too much overnight. If you don't want to be on the beach, Treasure Island Tourist Park is also very good for kids.

Darlington Beach Caravan Park (near Coffs Harbour) is on our agenda to visit. It seems to have heaps of things for the kids to do too.

Reactions: linrod

jdonly1

Dec 7, 2011
Bairnsdale Vic
Had friends stay in a park in Ulladulla on the river i think it was and right across from the ocean.They planned on staying there only a night or two and ended up staying over a week.They raved about it.
Can find out the name of it you like

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
The big 4s are very child friendly...jumping mats, play grounds ect. on the gold coast this is treasure island and our kids also like the blue dolphin at yamba.
Tullabudgerra (possibly spelt wrong) is also good on the gold coast bug our girls (5,7) prefer treasure island.
They have a web site where you an access all there pads, all similar styles but do cost a bit more than normal but well worth it.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
(Look in the free camps book ) on the way up stay at Berri Showgrounds for the night cheaper than Kiama I think it was $10 /15 night vs $75 (school Holidays) 2a + 2C even water and electricity connected to van little walk to toilets / showers , short walk into town .. We stayed at the Top Tourist Gold Coast Park opposite Sea world (Broadwater Tourst Park ) great and jumping castle . pool and even walk along the beach or try fishing ..Found it a bit more roomier than Treasure Island (Big 4 which was nice but more expenssive and could not see the difference) Sometimes in Coffs the Top tourst has specials that kids stay free in school hols.. Also Island View at Narooma its a Big 4 very spacious and short walk 100m to the beach we dont like to stay that close to town and found it perfect large camp kitchen plenty of room for the kids to run around .

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
In May, we are doing the opposite trip from Moranbah (Central QLD) to Melb (old stomping ground) and back. Will be a LOT of free camping and trying new spots, taking my new metal detector too, hopefully will find some good fossicking spots on the way. With 3 kids G9, G8 and B2.5 that love camping it will be another great trip, last time we did a similiar trip we had the old Cub, I will be watching this thread closely for any new spots that I haven't found before.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
At the Gold Coast end Tallebuggera Tourist Park is always a winner with my 7 year old. There is one right near movie world/wet and wild and not far from Dreamworld (Gold Coast Tourist Park???) but we found the highway noise a bit too much overnight. If you don't want to be on the beach, Treasure Island Tourist Park is also very good for kids.

Darlington Beach Caravan Park (near Coffs Harbour) is on our agenda to visit. It seems to have heaps of things for the kids to do too.

Treasure Island is great, took the expanda there for the Christmas party, family and I loved it. There are some tricky spots in there for reversing the panda though.

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Bigman and cancan have got it right. We stayed at NorthStar last year, fantastic place. They have great facilities, staff are very friendly and they have lots for the kids to do including the beach only a few minutes walk. There is the water park that they were just finishing off when we were there, looks awesome. Kids want to go back just for that.

They also have movie nights, kids activities during the day as well as kids club where you can leave them for an hour or two (have to book). Best thing is that they park your van for you that they call the marriage saver (dont know why...?):hug: Going back there soon.

Would also recommend Blue Dolphin at Yamba, great park and facilities. Hmmm, got to get another Yamba pot belly pie...

Keep the posts going so can get some more ideas. Cheers!

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
if going back down the middle then gwydir caravan park Moree with thermal springs in the park 4 pools 37,38,39C and big pool around 28-30c fantastic do nothing but sit in the pools all day and if not wanting to stay in Dubbo then Gilgandra Rotary/ Oz parks is a good alternative for an overnighter has a pool (small) but can go for walks into town, dont know what Dubbo is like now but does get spates of lots of breakins into vans in the past ( over last few years)

ChantalB

Jan 10, 2012
Erina,Central Coast NSW
Great suggestions - will also be keeping an eye open for good suggestions. Have driven through Darlington Park to have a look and it looked great for kids - we will definitely going back there at some stage to stay.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Have to agree with Mfexpanda about Moree. Gwyder CP is very nice and the pools are really great. Had reservations about stopping in Moree but it's a nice spot now.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
Would also recommend Blue Dolphin at Yamba, great park and facilities. Hmmm, got to get another Yamba pot belly pie...

Have to agree, Blue Dolphin in Yamba was pretty good on our recent trip. Emerald Beach Holiday Park also not too bad, although it was a bit tight, not a lot of room. If your looking for a good free camp, try Jugiong Showgrounds just past Gundagai on the way to Sydney.
Also stayed at the Big 4 in Dubbo overnight - it was OK, pool was very small though.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
We stayed at the Dubbo City Caravan Park (Top Tourist Park) at New Year and my kids loved the pool and the bouncy pillow. They had a variety of sites with Ensuite, Drive though and just normal sites and they are not to small.

I can also recommend that while you are at Dubbo you go down to Wellington and go through the limestone caves.

You can drive to Wellington then take a few back roads and come out on the Newell Highway near the Radio Telescope and then continue on to Parkes.