14' Series Very Excited

Disco2300

Mar 24, 2014
Hello, we are new to the forum, having just picked up our new 14.44-4.
Haven't got many pics yet as we have only had it for a week.
We have rented a van for the last 3 years and due to the family's love of this type of holidaying, we bought our first van.
We were going to get a Swan but decided to jump that stage and buy the baby Expanda. We have two boys and the bunks at the back of the van are a huge hit with the cubby boxes and power for all their electronics. Although in saying this my little one is more interested in closing and opening the curtain.
We could not be happier with our purchase and I have to give a huge thank you to John from Canberra Jayco who towed it to Taree to deliver it, we then drove it back to Brisbane. We stayed in it at South West Rocks that night and lying there in the bed that night we knew we had made the right decision.
As you can see it's a 2014 Touring model, it as roof top air con, wind up arial, annex walls, stereo and Thorpe/Cadel fabric with cristal laminex.
Counting down (11 days) until our first holiday, 3 weeks in Burrum Heads.
Had a practice on the weekend putting the walls on, all went well.
Your forum is great and I used it a lot in making our decision.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Very nice @Disco2300 and looks great behind the Prado.
Know the excited feeling just as much as we just picked up our new 17.56.2OB two weeks ago but can not get away for a long weekend in another two weeks.

Keep the modifications and pics coming..... Good luck with your upcoming trip.

Disco2300

Mar 24, 2014
Very nice @Disco2300 and looks great behind the Prado.
Know the excited feeling just as much as we just picked up our new 17.56.2OB two weeks ago but can not get away for a long weekend in another two weeks.

Keep the modifications and pics coming..... Good luck with your upcoming trip.
Thanks, congrats on your new van. Yes the Prado is great, all works very well together.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Welcome aboard Disco to the forum and I hope you share some more pics and trips with us:encouragement:.

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Congrats @Disco2300! We picked ours up about 2.5 weeks ago and have only just packed it up today! I would go in there everyday to do little bits n pieces, have coffee, turn the aircon on and just sit in there while the kids were at school!!! Ours is the same as yours only an ob and just gave it its first bath and will put the cover on tomorrow, holidays in 3 weeks and yes I am so counting!!! Enjoy and make sure you post some more pics!! :)

Reactions: Ren77 and dagree

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
Welcome @Disco2300 and congrats on the new van! How exciting. Like a few others, we too are waiting on the delivery of our expanda (this time next month we should be taking delivery)! It was so nice to read how you knew you had made the right decision from the very first night you slept in it....awesome!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
:welcome:aboard @Disco2300, you wont be sorry skipping the camper (Swan) phase and going straight to the Expanda

That's great service from the team at Jayco Canberra, they are a great mob to deal with.

Disco2300

Mar 24, 2014
:welcome:aboard @Disco2300, you wont be sorry skipping the camper (Swan) phase and going straight to the Expanda

That's great service from the team at Jayco Canberra, they are a great mob to deal with.

Yeah, we can not fault them, John was an absolute pleasure to do business with.