Chassis van plate

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
asked jayco today to get a higher weighted plate for my van as it was matched to the prado now with cruiser I can go back to what it was or higher most he said was 500 kg for my 1756-2 outback BUT !!
I wanted to keep my old plate if I want to tow somewhere with prado he said no way !!!! your old one must be destroyed cost of new plate is 100 bucks but he will wave that for me gee thanks I just want to keep old plate but I carnt
If that is the case then I'd just tow with the cruiser

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
yes I can but I have bugger all payload so I can easy overload van this was my original problem just heard here many people having more than one plate but he said cant be done no dealer should give more than one plate to a van I will change it hand mine in if cruiser eva goes will get another one again
I had mine re-plated, and they wouldnt even let me swap the plates over ... they had to physically have the van to do it.

Isnt the Cruiser a higher payload than the Prado

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I had mine re-plated, and they wouldnt even let me swap the plates over ... they had to physically have the van to do it.

Isnt the Cruiser a higher payload than the Prado

Same for me. I even took the plate of my self and went to the dealer and they wouldn't do it!

Reactions: Crusty181

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yes bro its 3.5 t and 350 on ball just wanted to cover my bum if cruiser stays home for some reason can tow with prado still can i spose just keep weight down as i had to anyway and if i sell van 2 plates would be good dosnt matter will just upgrade and be done with it

Yep @Bluey as per in the overloading thread. Tow it with the playdoh just keep it under 2500kg and it doesn't matter if the van is plated 49,000kg your legal

Reactions: dagree and Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My dealer is in geelong no worries changing it as i said it normally cost 100 to change the plate i just take a pic of it email it to him to start ball rolling when he gets new one will send misses down there to swap over all be done before christmas trip comming up
The more you "can" carry the better ... but just cause you can doesnt mean you have to

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Get the new plate, if you use the playdo then don't max out the weight on the van and go over the GCM for vehicle...........

The new plate would be wrong anyway as they are only guessing the tare weight unless yours is still as it was when built...

Reactions: Bluey

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
yep all done he will let me know when he has new plate to swap it will be 220 empty ball 270 full ,,,,,, normally 475 payload getting 600 so all good ive maxed it out they wont go any more < give it all you got Scottie > I cant give anymore captain !!!!!!

@Bluey and to others who have had plates reissued, how did you come up with your new payload. Was it a figure you thought was sufficient or did they take into account axle loads, suspension type and tyre loads. TIA.