Interior Understanding the Diesel Heater

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I had a hunt through the forums here but couldn't see any reference, so if I am repeating something that someone has already posted.............then so be it.

I was looking through YouTube when I came across some videos on the installation and operation of the Chinese Diesel Heaters.
The guys producing them is John McK 47 Just type that in.
There are 15 parts.
In my opinion they are well worth seeing as he gives a great description of the various parts, how to correctly install and set the thing up.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Yeah John...........the guy seems to know what he is talking about. I found the videos very good.
I have looked at a few youtube videos and photos recently and it's amazing how many people have their diesel pump mounted horizontally.
I found the Eberspacher operations manual and they also tell you to mount it about 45 degrees, as he does.
We all learn..................

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
I installed ours at 30 degrees, inside of the max distance recommended from the tank. Works well.
These pumps push, they don't suck very well.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Well I just put in a new pump (mounted at the correct angle), new tank (complete with diesel stabiliser to stop algae and sediment), new filter and fuel lines.
The air intake filter is new. Remounted exhaust and generally tidied up.The heater works a treat and the unit is quieter than ever. Love it !!

I do agree Drover, however when I bought my heater, there were no comprehendable instructions supplied and a lot of the tutorials on Youtube were no help to get it right. I guess we live and learn.

Reactions: skippy and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Still learning, then at times relearning as I sometimes later recall the way I should have done it but forgot the problems of last time .......................... I did find fitting larger and longer intake and exhaust pipes made things a lot quieter.

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Highly recommend a facebook group called 'Chinese Diesel Vehicle Air Heaters - Troubleshooting and parts'. Has thousands of members and the help section has most of the doco rewritten with lots of tips. People also post great install ideas.

Reactions: skippy

Mavo73

Jul 16, 2019
Lake Macquarie
I had a hunt through the forums here but couldn't see any reference, so if I am repeating something that someone has already posted.............then so be it.

I was looking through YouTube when I came across some videos on the installation and operation of the Chinese Diesel Heaters.
The guys producing them is John McK 47 Just type that in.
There are 15 parts.
In my opinion they are well worth seeing as he gives a great description of the various parts, how to correctly install and set the thing up.
I installed our heater under one the seat in the back of the van and put the tank up the front in behind the Jerry can holder as to which I don't have a photo for were the tank is mounted I thought I did I can get one later on our heater we purchased from a company is Tasmania and the heater is compatible with the dometic dearer brand heater so all my heater parts can be replaced with the dearer parts if i need to and begin were it is the noise is very minimal amount if i need to I can line the inside where the heat is and then there will be hardly any to no noise from it at all

Attachments

• 20190702_145858.jpg
    20190702_145858.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 20190702_145907.jpg
    20190702_145907.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 246