20' Series Underslung Spare wheel Carrier

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Evening,
Does anyone know where you can purchase one of these carriers as I want to move the spare to install a toolbox on the front of my Expanda. Have been thinking about it for awhile and haven’t done anything about it.

Cheers
Derm

1566375780523.jpeg

Reactions: RobRoy and RIB007

Scrounger

Oct 7, 2016
Shoalhaven
Hi All
I ordered one from a Jayco dealer last year no problem, sooo easy to fit.
Comes with bracket, winch and mounting stuff cost was OK because I got one memory sucks but $180 to 280.
I use the extra to cary a portable grey water tank for the very odd occasion I require it.

Note if you use a tent peg in a cordles drill it winds the spairs down so easy, also you can pack a few yabie/crab traps on top of the tyre.
Rob try to get it fitted now or have the parts ordered to arive with your van.

PS you must tell them on order outback or on road, we didn't know they were fitted to on roads as well so got the wrong one first.
hem

Reactions: sierramason

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
Wow thanks for that, I will ring Jayco now. Either way I am happy with that approx price. I don’t weld, but it shouldn’t be too hard to find someone in WA

Derm

Oct 18, 2015
Mornington Peninsula
Thanks Scrounger
I will be seeing Jayco as well as it is exactly what i need, just enough room to fit it between the front tank and the front of the van

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpg
    IMG_2543.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 3,315
Reactions: RobRoy

Scrounger

Oct 7, 2016
Shoalhaven
Warning Warning.
Derm from the photo you just posted you have a problem, you have NO CENTER BEAM.
Go back to first photo you posted there is a cross beam that takes the load, I don't see on last photo.
I have an 18.58.2 pop top and this was the way my spair came, I purchased a second cradel n winch, it just sloted into the bracket/holes as seen in first photo

Scrounger

Oct 7, 2016
Shoalhaven
If your van dose not have a spair already mounted in this fasion then I think you will NOT be able to fit one.
The beams under the floor of the vans are diferent in both pictures. Look close

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
If your van dose not have a spair already mounted in this fasion then I think you will NOT be able to fit one.
The beams under the floor of the vans are diferent in both pictures. Look close
I can't see why you couldn't buy one (Complete with brackets) and have someone qualified (not me) weld the bracket onto a suitable rail underneath (as opposed to the flimsy supports)

Reactions: RobRoy

RobRoy

Apr 20, 2017
Perth
I have now moved mine to underneath at the back. I bought a second hand winch from a Ute for $80.
I ran a 50x50mm galvanised beam from each side. It sits on the mount for the rear bumper. And I bolted it to the mount(holes already there spare) and tec screwed it along the existing cross member.
Bolted the winch to this bar and used a couple of Rachet straps crossed over to hel support the weight and stop it swinging about.
A frame is now full of isi bike rack and 4 bikes. Stone guard and a toolbox. WHS just fits which is a surprise. I have some ball scales with me now. I will let you know how it goes

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I have now moved mine to underneath at the back. I bought a second hand winch from a Ute for $80.
I ran a 50x50mm galvanised beam from each side. It sits on the mount for the rear bumper. And I bolted it to the mount(holes already there spare) and tec screwed it along the existing cross member.
Bolted the winch to this bar and used a couple of Rachet straps crossed over to hel support the weight and stop it swinging about.
A frame is now full of isi bike rack and 4 bikes. Stone guard and a toolbox. WHS just fits which is a surprise. I have some ball scales with me now. I will let you know how it goes
Do you have any photo's @RobRoy - sounds perfect

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
The wind down chain variety I purchased from Martins Trailer Parts (WA), but I assume you can get them from most trailer suppliers in your state/city. It worked well as I could put an extension onto the nut and used the drop down legs brace to lower the spare !

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
on my first caravan, somebody had done a mod for the spare tyre. They had gone to a wrecker and purchased the LandCruiser spare wheel setup, that winds up on a chain. Good setup if you already own a hilux or LandCruiser.