UHF Decals etc

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi all,

We have been looking for places that did small decal jobs for the likes of customised items - e.g. UHF ch, name and maybe a small graphic of some description... We could not really find anyone for this so started looking into the machines to do it.

As such, we have jumped in and are starting to do our own.

We were thinking of putting something like this together...

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 6.16.20 AM.png

Sorry @crackacoldie , your name was the first that popped into my head when I was messing around - might have to send you one when I get it sorted...

Would this be something that forum members would be interested in?

Pricing would depend on number of colours and sizes etc, but was thinking a single colour approx 20cm x 20cm one would be around $10-$15 + postage (full material costs etc are still to be worked out).

What are your thoughts?

Any feedback welcome.

Regards

BJ

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I reckon the costs are reasonable.

We had a customised one made, with letters only, but no graphic and that was around $12 from memory.

Good luck with it.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Thanks so far for the replies...
Still working it all out and trying ideas.
Channels etc can be whatever people want.
Is the above design what people would be after, or something else?
Open to all suggestions as want to try to give what people are after.

BJ

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Can I place an order now, that would suit us
Will try to get a couple done up this weekend and will see how they come out. Will keep you posted. I will pm you at some stage with the color vinyls I have at the moment and go from there.

Only thing that may prevent me from getting to it is it is the Dtrs Dance school concert weekend. 3 concerts at nearly 4 hours each one! She keeps us busy!

BJ

Reactions: jeff

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hi again.

The only extra info I can find is that I got in touch with a WA seller on eBay and they sent me a copy of the design I wanted, then we adjusted it, I paid and it came a couple of days later.

Just letters, no graphics.

It was about three months ago.

I would have liked a graphic but couldn't find any suppliers on eBay and was too lazy to look any further.

Hope that helps.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I did whip up this one on my plotter for the back of previous Expanda ....... and unfortunately forgot to mention it to Princess Crusty, whoops. 8-)

Boy, was she surprised when she started getting called on the UHF .... on the highway between MELB and QLD ... bwaaaahaaaaa

She's a dag, I think the harder she punches, the funnier she must finds it :boxing-25::argue:

She inspects the van now before we leave

2013-10-25 18.04.18.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I did whip up this one on my plotter for the back of previous Expanda ....... and unfortunately forgot to mention it to Princess Crusty, whoops. 8-)

Boy, was she surprised when she started getting called on the UHF .... on the highway between MELB and QLD ... bwaaaahaaaaa

She's a dag, I think the harder she punches, the funnier she must finds it :boxing-25::argue:

She inspects the van now before we leave

View attachment 37318
that's a classic ! Gold

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Ok, So being on holidays etc I have been able to pull my finger out and get a general UHF vinyl decal done.

IMG_7867.jpg

Measurements are 300mm long x 55mm high.
I am using high quality Avery Dennison vehicle vinyl which has an approx life of up to 10 years.
The size I am comfortable with as can be seen from approx 20m away comfortably.

IMG_7868.jpg

I can do any Channel you would like - if a single channel number the text will be a fraction larger.
I can also do in other colours, but at the moment I only have black, gold and dark argent (dark metallic grey - used above) in glossy vinyl.
The gold I do not believe would show as well for any distance.

I will do these for $12.50 (including postage in Australia).
I have seen the straight vinyl lettering only selling for around $30 so these are great value.
I am also able to do as the examples in the previous post for Jeff (post 18) and would be selling these for $22.50 (as they are larger and use a lot more vinyl area) including postage in Australia

If anyone is wanting one or more, please feel free to message me directly.
Mods if you feel this thread should now be somewhere else, please advise or if you could move for me.

Thanks

BJ

** Price edited of the large one as I miscalculated the material I use **

Last edited: