Exterior TV mount on outside

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has fitted a TV mount on the outside, where all the TV aeial and 12v sockets are? Was just going to put a mount plate there, screw and sicka flex it on and use a arm on it with TV when i want to?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thought so, if you have a cupboard or something on the inside opposite where you want to have the TV then you could fit a backing plate inside and using a nicely machined alloy plate glued to the outside wall with the TV mount bolted thru it to the internal backing plate would do a wonderful job, look good and not try to eat the wall......using a plate on the outside wall increases the surface area of the TV mount so less chance of digging into the wall surface when it's loaded up, using a bracket without an arm or a very short arm would also lessen the wall loading......It would need a backing plate on the inside for sure as the walls wouldn't hold.

I got my TV bracket from Bunnings but it is a small unit and screws to the metal frame of Big Mal, they do have a variety of units which would do the job and less cost than a van shop.

spiderpig

Nov 7, 2015
Canberra
Will have a look on the inside. Where i want to put it on the outside is approx where the kitchen and cupboards are on the inside, so a plate could work with access through the cupboards or draws.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
Cooloola Coast, QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
I think thats the best way, alloy plate big enough to provide a wide area for the load spread and a nicely tooled bit for outside would enhance things, well thats my thoughts and what I would have done, Sikaflex them as well................I would have thought some others would have chimed in.