Tube storage

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm looking at putting a 100mm or 90mm PVC pipe under the rebate of the front lid of the van resting on the a-frame, behind the gas bottles. Most of the brackets available seem to be "stand off" brackets for which I don't have the room to install. I do recall a thread a while back from one of the members who did the same thing but cannot find it, can someone assist with pics?

Also I'm looking at storing 6 extendable poles in the front chassis across the van, they do fit nicely yet I'm looking for ideas on how to cap the ends, again any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I'm not sure what you mean by stand off brackets, but I used these
3cd6ba77-b51c-4a08-bbc5-f8e2db5323d5.jpg

with a std plumbing cap over the end and pin through
5484218d-ac70-4dc4-a17e-b1db1226281f.jpg
77d04765-e965-4fd9-bbc5-bc3667f99b24.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Hey Ben, will the pvc pipe sit flush on the drawbar I thought the spare might be sitting up a bit to create a problem. I could be wrong as I can't be bothered to go out to the shed to look at mine :).

As for pipes in the rails would a pin through the end be enough to hold them in?

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Hey Ben, will the pvc pipe sit flush on the drawbar I thought the spare might be sitting up a bit to create a problem. I could be wrong as I can't be bothered to go out to the shed to look at mine :).

As for pipes in the rails would a pin through the end be enough to hold them in?

Yeah one pipe can fit flush without the tyre hindering it, unfortunately 100mm is too tight, I can just force it in the gap but no room for brackets or the caps etc. :frusty:

So it will have to be 90mm which is now for the poles, the 100mm was going to be for the awning/anti flappers which do not fit in 90mm.

A pin on the chassis would work if it was holding in a cap of some sort, fairly useful space in there, just got to keep a look out for rogue screws sticking into the cavity.

Will keep you posted

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Does the ring section rotate to accommodate the A-frame angle if you know what I mean?

Cheers
Mike

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Does the ring section rotate to accommodate the A-frame angle if you know what I mean?

Cheers
Mike

Mike, if you are referring to the clamp section that actually holds the pipe, not it does no, it is welded to the plate below.

I have successfully fitted a 100mm pipe behind the gas bottles with still enough room to secure my fire drum in place. The only small issue is that is that I have to slightly alter the bottom catch on the stone guard otherwise it doesn't quite reach its bracket, no big deal.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne

Cheers
Mike

When on the swan, the distance between the two bolts was wide enough that the a frame could pass through on an angle while the bracket sat in line with the direction of the tube. The reseller had a few sizes at the time and just helped me get on that would fit ok.

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
now i get it. Yes the bracket was wide enough to allow it to sit on an angle across the chasiss meaning that the tube was parallel with the van and sat properly in the bracket. It also allowed some play to ensure that the bolts dont hinder the brake cable or water pipes for the front tap.