Electrical Truma ultra rapid b14 hws

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Not sure how to remove element. The unit sits in a cupboard under the sink. Do you remove the electrical cover, or is it a case of having to remove the unit. The tank is leaking to the outside through the drain in the gas exhaust outlet. So on googling its either a hole or the element gasket, unless members have any other experiences to share.. thanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Thanks Drover they drain to the underneath of the van, this drain is for the tank, if you look at the parts list its a little spout on main tank.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Most do its the connections above hidden away that often are the problem, you will really have to have a good squiz all around the thing as the tank fittings themselves can be weeping caused by rust or just expansion of the guest fittings if fitted badly, in fact Big Mal had one fitted originally but it looks like it crapped out and a Surburban was fitted in its place going by the water marks hidden in the cupboard and tell tale wiring left behind.....

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Pulled it out today, seam was rusted,so leaking there. The caravan place in Toowoomba called them Traumas..lol. it was 7 years old, so to put a swift or suburban (currently suburbans are off the market due to loss of compliance being a production issue according to the parts place) we have to cut a 300mm x 300mm hole in wall of van to fit door in. I think we'll just put another Truma in. So I have a number of parts for sale. Im thinking of getting a slightly larger van anyway, so it will last the life of our ownership.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Did you go to Select Caravans In Eyre St opposite Boomer Bullbars, I found them to have a good supply of parts and great prices, very helpful when I lived down that way, unlike the mob a bit further down the road ......

I thought the recall was sorted by now, only certain models in the time frame were effected and repairable ..................... I think I would prefer a Surburban over a Trauma .......either one is a lot of $$$ to replace, maybe a couple of solar bags on the roof ??........................................................... https://www.productsafety.gov.au/re...-sw6da-sw4dea-sw4da-sw4deca-sw6deca-and-sw6pa

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
I went past Boomer and round the corner to I think, its called trail a van..or something close. He had a reasonable parts supply. The solar bags on the roof sound the go for price... we ended up ordering online at a pretty good price. Warranty is now 2 years and that will see us out of the pop top into a full height van.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Missed you post..... Yep thats the place I wasn't impressed with, they gave a quote on my old 14 for repairs when a truck ried to take us out, RACQ preferred but he didn't really want to do it and stuffed around with poor excuses until I tactfully told him BS and went to another place in town which did a good job but the old fellas at Select Caravans are an amazing place to go to for parts, especially those bits that everywhere else wants to sell you the whole shebang when you just want a clip, they will have it, saved me heaps of $$$ and trouble...... In fact even now I would drive down there (300km) for some bits, it was 40km before.

Shouldn't be a big drama to fit, just a pain I suppose....................