17' Series Truma Aventa heating problem

Lucinda

Feb 1, 2016
Sydney
Hi all - we are camping now and it’s pretty chilly!! Truma Aventa system doesn’t seem to want to heat. It’s not super cold so it’s not an issue with the outside temp (we are camping with furiends having no issues with the same unit). When we select the heating mode I gather the light on the unit should light up yellow but this is it happening. It flashes red to indicate it is receiving data but that’s all. It just continues to blow cold air :(. Any suggestions? Brrrrrr!

Adventure Bound

May 23, 2020
Queensland
Hi all - we are camping now and it’s pretty chilly!! Truma Aventa system doesn’t seem to want to heat. It’s not super cold so it’s not an issue with the outside temp (we are camping with furiends having no issues with the same unit). When we select the heating mode I gather the light on the unit should light up yellow but this is it happening. It flashes red to indicate it is receiving data but that’s all. It just continues to blow cold air :(. Any suggestions? Brrrrrr!
Hi there... did you end up working out this issue ?

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland

Hi @Lucinda , from info I saw from another member (@Drover), I believe that those A/C units are not reverse cycle and only have a heating element to produce heat. The fan just blows the air over the heating element (radiator type) and pushes the hot air out. So might just be the heating element, or fuse.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi @Lucinda , from info I saw from another member (@Drover), I believe that those A/C units are not reverse cycle and only have a heating element to produce heat. The fan just blows the air over the heating element (radiator type) and pushes the hot air out. So might just be the heating element, or fuse.

Nah the Adventa's are reverse cycle its the, I think its the Aircommand that units that were inside the van with the cooling unit down in a cupboard, they ahd a heating element ....Had one in my 14.44, useless bluddy thing for heating and not much chop cooling.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Nah the Adventa's are reverse cycle its the, I think its the Aircommand that units that were inside the van with the cooling unit down in a cupboard, they ahd a heating element ....Had one in my 14.44, useless bluddy thing for heating and not much chop cooling.

@Drover and @Lucinda , sorry about the confusion. Knew I had seen something about this problem before. Wrong unit!!! Thanks for sorting that out @Drover .

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I had issues once found out it was the remoate new remoate all fixed there not cheap 100 bucks but it works fine now ....batterys in remoate ?? There not the best units for heating we allways bring little blow heater as well but need power as others have said once its very cold they dont realy work

Adventure Bound

May 23, 2020
Queensland
I had issues once found out it was the remoate new remoate all fixed there not cheap 100 bucks but it works fine now ....batterys in remoate ?? There not the best units for heating we allways bring little blow heater as well but need power as others have said once its very cold they dont realy work