Interior Truma Aventa Air Con

GlampinCdub

Oct 11, 2022
QLD
Hey all,

Have a quick question, has anyone had issues with the Truma Aventa air conditioner on heat?

I think the heater core must be blocked as the heater won't actually heat the fans are on but no body is home.

I thought about pulling it apart myself but not sure if the heater core is accessible from inside the van once you take the face plate off, or if it is sitting on the roof.

Worst case i would take it to someone to get repaired but i wouldn't know who or where yet as i just moved to the area.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hey all,

Have a quick question, has anyone had issues with the Truma Aventa air conditioner on heat?

I think the heater core must be blocked as the heater won't actually heat the fans are on but no body is home.

I thought about pulling it apart myself but not sure if the heater core is accessible from inside the van once you take the face plate off, or if it is sitting on the roof.

Worst case i would take it to someone to get repaired but i wouldn't know who or where yet as i just moved to the area.
These a/c units will not heat if the ambient temperature drops to around 4 degrees or less, which is why a lot of members have installed diesel (or gas) heaters.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They are reverse cycle so no heater core as such, just instead of cool air blowing inside and heat outside its the other way around, they really only work between 3-4 deg and about 35-38 and thats roof mounted the cupboard jobs are hopeless........ If there is no heat and its a normal sort of cold day you could find it won't work on cool either, repairs can be expensive.... I would follow up vehicle AC repairers as often a dealer will just farm the job out anyway.... sunshine coast has a couple of good repairers, can't think of names off hand atm. Read the manual fully.

Reactions: mfexpanda

GlampinCdub

Oct 11, 2022
QLD
These a/c units will not heat if the ambient temperature drops to around 4 degrees or less, which is why a lot of members have installed diesel (or gas) heaters.
Cheers, yeah i have installed a diesel heater myself. The heater though wont even work if it is say 14 degrees it just blows cool air haha.

Reactions: chartrock