Mite as well delete this thread its gone very stale

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I hate Sydney traffic at the best of times and hate to think of it over the Christmas period.

@Bluey I hope you've got loads of patience....at least a hell of a lot more than me.

There's limited surf and fishing at Lane Cove isn't there?

Whatever, just enjoy the time away.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
"Kelly's Heroes"all time classic movie.......@Bluey, still reckon M7,M2 way, way better.

Maritime museum, HMAS Vampire sister ship to my all time favourite Destroyer HMAS Vendetta.

Reactions: crackacoldie

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Maritime museum, HMAS Vampire sister ship to my all time favourite Destroyer HMAS Vendetta.
Geez @Drover you must be older than I thought.
0003.jpg

:behindsofa:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Where was your cabin?

or should I say 'hammock'?

My Dad was navy as well so I've had to clamber over any visiting vessels sine I was a kid.

That's a nice photo of the turn.

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Okay I know off topic BUT.......................arrows show location of my bunk and my gun, which was a Mk5 40/60 Bofor they were on the opposite side of the ship from where the arrows point............one hell of a warship.

HMAS%20Vendetta.jpg

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Ok @Drover and @Bellbirdweb i dont know my m7s from my m5s or evan m and ms but i know where im going evan im melb dont know many names of roads or what m they are but i know here very well indeed .... Adelaide i know pretty good sydney im not too bad so im going the hume the across too the airport under that runway if you arange a 747 to traveling across at the time would be very helpfull thanks then up to the mmmmmm how is is it spelt cahill express way ???? With great views of bridge and circular quay very short though then round the sandstone cut out swing around onto the bridge just have to make sure i dont get funneled into tunnel then in morning head north on Newcastle road stop at port Stephens done and @crackacoldie 17th hollbrook 18th lane cove Soldiers point 19th till the 22nd coffs 22nd till the 6th then 2 weeks to get home inland road

Sounds like you have the scenic route all sorted @Bluey

Should be ok on the Sunday

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
To keep this thread going. We have been trying to work out where and when to go on our annual family holiday. Pretty much decided in the last few days. Plan to leave in the next 2-3 weeks for 3-5 weeks for a trip up the centre Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, East/West Mac Rangers. Depending on time maybe do Darwin aswell. I have never been up that way before so it's time I did. Time to get some solid planning in place I guess.

mrsmfexpanda

May 27, 2015
Brookfield
To keep this thread going. We have been trying to work out where and when to go on our annual family holiday. Pretty much decided in the last few days. Plan to leave in the next 2-3 weeks for 3-5 weeks for a trip up the centre Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, East/West Mac Rangers. Depending on time maybe do Darwin aswell. I have never been up that way before so it's time I did. Time to get some solid planning in place I guess.
If your going that way @Tone might as well keep going to Darwin due Mataranka and bitter springs and Katherine gorge etc as for Yulara caravan park it's pricey for what you get and lots of school kids on bus trips but well behaved just made the amenities times a bit hit and miss ie girls taking long showers etc. lots of free camps along the way got to do it at least once

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Tone the problem is if you get to Darwin you want to Mataranka, Katherine, Litchfield and Kakadu.
Drive through Devils Marbles etc
So have to work out how long you have and how many long drive days :)
Not sure I would ever drive after dark its not the roos its the black cows that take you out. Saw enough giant road kill every day.

Depending how long you want to stay at the Rock/Olgas and east/west Mac.
Our kids enjoyed half a day at Gemtree and Alice worth a day at least.
You doing Coober Pedy? That was a couple of days at least if you want to drive up the breakaway's

Yes when I got to three ways I really wanted to turn right was so tempted.

Reactions: bigcol

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We were originally thinking of doing the Gibb with a mate who is leaving next week, and catch up with @Smergen on the way through but decided that we weren't set up to do the trip. I think just doing Alice area properly would be the best use of time and not having to rush. I think doing Darwin area on its own would take all of 4 weeks anyway. To many places to see in this country and such a big place.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We were originally thinking of doing the Gibb with a mate who is leaving next week, and catch up with @Smergen on the way through but decided that we weren't set up to do the trip. I think just doing Alice area properly would be the best use of time and not having to rush. I think doing Darwin area on its own would take all of 4 weeks anyway. To many places to see in this country and such a big place.
yes lots to do up the top end..
I really wanted to do the lap next year saved up Long service and have 40 days leave at the moment.
Although Luke's in grade 6 so idea been put on hold to who knows when now :( He be in Year 7 the year after then Connors in Grade 6 and then year 7 :(

Reactions: bigcol and Tone