Towing mirrors

Jan 5, 2012
Sunbury
Hi,

We are looking at towing mirrors to interchange between the Territory and the Prado and have decided on the KDC brand. There are two types though and we are after some assistance. Would you prefer the KDC Premium Towing Mirror or the KDC Wide Eye Towing Mirrors. The only real difference is that the wide eye mirrors have an added mirror on the outer edge of each mirror to widen the view. We are just not sure if we need that if we are only towing a Jayco Expanda.

Your opinions are valued

Cheers

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
They look very similar to the Aussie Truck Mirrors.
There are numerous knockoffs of that design around too.

I bought some a couple of years ago with the flat mirror and a smaller convex mirror below it.
I lost the drivers side convex glass about 2 weeks into a 3.5month trip.
Up until then I thought they were great, giving very good views.

I then lost the complete passenger side mirror head on the Gibb River Road (note to self, and others, check tightness of nuts daily on rough roads...haha)

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
note to self, and others, check tightness of nuts daily on rough roads...haha)

On Kangeroo Island, I asked the missus to tighten the little hand screws on the ORA type mirrors cos I thought they looked a little loose. She reckoned they were fine. As the roads were single lane, I didn't look at that mirror for a hundred km or so, just at the same time she woke up from dozing and also realised it wasn't there. The rest of the trip was with one mirror :D :D