14' Series Towing 14.44 Expanda with Renault Trafic

matt13

Aug 11, 2018
NSW
Hi,
Has anybody had any experience of towing with a Renault Trafic?
It supports both towing and tow ball weight, just wondering if’s it does it easily or a strain on the vehicle.
Cheers

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had a look at the specs for the Renault Trafic .........................https://www.renault.com.au/vehicles/commercial/trafic/trafic/features-specifications

Tare 1668kg
GVM 2900kg
GCM 4900kg
Tow Cap 2000kg
Ball 80kg

So while the ball weight blows it, being front wheel drive with a 1.7lt engine and a manual to boot, I could foresee some clutch problems and hill climbing needing a cut lunch and front wheel drive, yuck....................... In a nutshell a big NO.

Some sites say it has a 200kg ball weight but the Renault site says 80kg, either way I think even at 200kg you would be running close, I think my old 14.44 was about 180 on the ball and being front wheel drive its not ideal for towing, coupled with being a manual 6 speed you would have to be precise with your gear shifts, a clutch replacement would be horendous.....and certainly regulare tyre rotation .................... nearly forgot it doesn't come with a spare just a can of Slime.

Last edited: